Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 02-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #21
Dumptruk
Grade 2

Drag window up until you see all the entries
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dumptruk (great handle!),

This is only circumstantially a solution, but correct none-the-less, a solution for now. The splitbars which are dragable were an experiment in fitting everything into limited vertical space and will likely have some role in the final outcome, but are implemented imperfectly right now. I was thinking that the lower splitbar would not even be visible (and thus not grabable) in 1024x768 resolution screens - the user must go to the main Analysis screen. An alternative is a button or key (or automatically) resizing the visible panels (i.e. 2 or 3) according to how many pacelines exist. If there are the maximum 10 lines, on 768 height screens likely only 2 panels will ever be visible (and workable).

For now, drag the splitbars if you wish, but I think this will be frustrating. I'll try to get my hands on a widescreen aspect video display and do some 'resize' coding so that at least 2 full panels show up on it.

Thanks for the tip, Dumptruk - you hit the ground running!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dumptuk,

AHA! I should have looked at your 1st screenshot first! Now that I know who you are (!) and know that you have the same widescreen as Doug (900 pixels high), I now see what he was referring to as only seeing 3 horses (3 entries) in the 3rd panel Analysis screen while looking at a horse's Past Performances (a picture was worth all those words!). At 768 pixels high, you don't see that 3rd panel at all - at 900 pixels high, you see about 3 horses worth.

Now that I understand that, I can do some useful coding when RDSS detects 768 versus 900 versus 1024 height pixels. Let me try some candidate solutions for the next update for the widescreen aspect users.

Thank you.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #24
dugoutgold
Grade 1

Thanks Dump!! problem solved) Now since this is my first time using this how do I close a race card to avoid having too many open and getting a system crash? Yep I had 3 cards done and went to open the 4th and lost the screen emuation.

Sorry to ask a basic question) Many thanks once again, Doug
Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #25
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Doug,

Even if you crashed, you should not lose any data, as paceline selections are stored to the database with each keystroke and mouse-click.

To close a race card (and for now, better do this after each race), just click on the little button at the lower-right named (oddly enough) 'Close'.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #26
dugoutgold
Grade 1

Thanks Ted, You know what they say, "When all else fails read (or look) at the instructions)))
Old 03-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #27
dugoutgold
Grade 1

I was wondering here if...instead of havingto close the entire race card and reload it to avoid the system crash, is there to anyones knowlege another way to do this? Could you say unclick all the running lines and then go on to the next race on the card? Also Ted found a very minor bug here, when I minimaize the program I have to left click the icon to bring it back up using the restore. No biggie but try to pay attention to detail here) Doug
Old 03-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #28
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Doug,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugoutgold View Post
...instead of having to close the entire race card and reload it to avoid the system crash, ... Could you say unclick all the running lines and then go on to the next race on the card?
The crash is unrelated to paceline selected, so deselecting pacelines doesn't help. I know what to do, and it's on the list. You probably want to keep all your paceline selections anyway, so they are there when you return to any given race. Sorry for this inconvenience .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugoutgold View Post
when I minimaize the program I have to left click the icon to bring it back up using the restore.
Doug, per the Bug List Item #4, an outstanding issue with WinXP; Win Vista is OK. Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #29
dugoutgold
Grade 1

Thanks once again Ted, I just installed the program on my other machine here by the way)

Doug
Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #30
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I updated the Bug List as of noon March 5, with all reported issues (I think) as of current. If you run into anything, have a look at the list to see if there is a workaround. Some of these will be addressed in the next update. If you run into anything else, please report it here!

Bug List (always linked on post #1, too): http://www.artofpace.com/rdss/bugs/RDSS_Bug_List.pdf

Many thankyous!

Ted

R
DSS -