Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 06-10-2007, 05:20 PM   #111
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
This is not a bug, more of a suggestion. I like to play around with the race sometimes, putting in horses and taking them out and then putting them back in. It would be nice to be able to restore the lines as originally chosen. Currently, if I delete a horse, I have to choose the paceline all over again.

We are not talking about bugs now just operational preferences.

Now I am no expert in either Spec160 or RDSS but as to RDSS could you not pick several pacelines for a horse and then after a first pass on the analysis hide one or more pace lines or hide the horse all together? If after more analysis could you not unhide the horse with his pacelines still selected? I believe when you pick more then one pace line for a horse and run the analysis the output has the ranking or rating for each pace line separately. That is a horse could be first in one area, third in another area, etc. all based on different pace lines.

Robert
Old 06-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #112
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
This is not a bug, more of a suggestion. I like to play around with the race sometimes, putting in horses and taking them out and then putting them back in. It would be nice to be able to restore the lines as originally chosen. Currently, if I delete a horse, I have to choose the paceline all over again.
Charlie,

I've got a pretty good Hide/Unhide/Deselect method sketched out, sort of a super-set of what's in Speculator which I think you'll like, which will occupy part of the blank space in the main Analysis screen. That feature was always one of the simple beauties of Val and Spec and I think we can go a couple of steps better.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #113
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I continued the discussion about what RDSS should do with pacelines with missing call times in a new thread: http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470

(Housekeeping)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #114
Chazz
Chazz

Ted:
I just downloaded the file for Lrl0228. When I looked at what was downloaded for 0228, there was a track called SP2 in the line up of tracks for that day. It does not seem to be causing any trouble, but I thought you should know about it.
Chazz
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #115
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Chazz. I believe this item has been reported before: the SP2 (or SP0, SP5, etc) track codes are South American races simulcast on the LRL card. You can't load these races because the data is incomplete, and you'll get an error message when you attempt to open the SP2 card.

I will get that cleaned up soon - thanks for the reminder!

Ted

R
DSS -