Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 09-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
shrink1
Grade 1

getting kicked out

Ted,
Just FYI. I was handicapping Philly yesterday. When I tried to load the PPS for Turf races with more than 12 entries I kept getting message that RDSS is shutting down, and it just kicked me right out of the program, It also happened with the same kind of race @ Monmouth.
Ira
Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ira,

I do believe it's the same old problem with internal memory, which is the core aspect of the next RDSS release. However, I did manage to load the 2 14 horse Turf races at MTH and the 12 horse Turf race at PHA yesterday, though if you had been working other races before encountering these ones, there is a good chance RDSS would close. You should always be able to open up RDSS, then immediately load races with such larger fields with no troubles. If you can never do this, perhaps check what other software you have open of a highly graphical nature (e.g. MS Office or similar), several browser windows. If you need to (on your computers), you may need to close some of these when working with larger fields, though many folks seem to be able to run all sorts of software plus RDSS with larger fields.

Again, this kind of memory issue will not be a problem, when I get the next release done (sometime this Autumn...)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™