Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
trotman
Grade 1

Tampa Fun With Numbers

The Tampa season has been over for a few months now and I was looking at some of the numbers. Mid-West won the owners crown again with 79 victories, 2nd place 13, 3rd place 10. In the trainers who other than Ness with 79 victories won, Bennett 2nd 32 wins, Navarro 3rd 30 wins and Jane Cibelli coming in 4th with 27 wins. Attendance was down yet they had an excellent winter temperature and little rain. There was a decrease in field size and the live handle was down 10.91%. With all this the daily purses increased with a 10-11% decrease in handle. With this mish mash of numbers get me their accountants number so he can do my taxes. The battle for Florida really got going this year with Gulfstream opening at the same time as Tampa so I can't see it getting any easier for Tampa. Last year many of the small Northern stables left early no purses to win as in other years and the Bennett's, Navarro's and Cibelli's entered more horses than ever for Gulfstream last season. Does this sound anything positive for Tampa, we'll have to wait and see this winter, but don't bet on it.