Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #31
barb craven
Grade 1

I, for one, am taking this very seriously. Even though I've led a good long life (86 almost years) I would still like to stick around a little longer. Up where I live we are taking this virous extremely seriously. Libraries and schools have been closed since the first week in March. All non-essential businesses have been closed for the past week until further notice; all gatherings, no matter the number, have been cancelled for the past few weeks, restaurants are open for a few hours a day for pre-ordered take out only, grocery stores are on fewer hours, with the first hour of the day for seniors only; (we are lucky that they are able to keep their shelves about 70% stocked). I have been staying at home, only going out for walks and to pharmacy which remains open, but after listening to the link I am posting below and watching a video that Alison's sister who lives in Rome posted on her FB timeline today of army vehicles travelling the streets of Rome full of bodies they were transporting to the crematorium, I have decided to limit myself to on-line and phone contacts for the duration.

Duration, now that's a word I haven't used in this context since I was a child during the 2nd World War. Whenever we asked adults how much longer it was going to last, the reply was always "for the duration". Please, please my friends, heed all the warnings so we will indeed be able to meet again at Saratoga, if not this year, maybe next.

https://youtu.be/nSgooc0m3Eo?fbclid=...kKli6-gtpy9R94
Old 03-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #32
CheckMark
Conley

Sunland has canceled it’s races up till 4/5

Parx has canceled it’s races till 3/28

Mahoning has cancelled it’s races till 3/24

Aqueduct has canceled till further notice but may come up with a date

Keeneland has cancelled it’s Spring meet and posssibly the October meet

Triple Crown has been moved till September/October

Belmont and Churchill are day to day

Will Woodbine be cancelled????

Last edited by CheckMark; 03-21-2020 at 08:46 AM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #33
tom
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
I, for one, am taking this very seriously.

Duration, now that's a word I haven't used in this context since I was a child during the 2nd World War. Whenever we asked adults how much longer it was going to last, the reply was always "for the duration". Please, please my friends, heed all the warnings so we will indeed be able to meet again at Saratoga, if not this year, maybe next.
Great Post!!!!

And good for You.
I hear a lot "it only affects old people!"
What a terrible thing to say.

Your generation faced a far greater burden during WWII than we face today.
People need to take a lesson from your book of lessons learned.
It has only been a week and people are going off the deep end.

I hope your attitude spreads as fast of the virus does!

Stay safe!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #34
barb craven
Grade 1

Thanks for that Tom. My words take on a greater meaning today. We had an update last night, and despite all our precautions, we now have 3 active cases in our nursing home, which has been on limited family members only for a month now.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #35
lone speed
Grade 1

message forwarded

I got a message forwarded by a friend:

This info is from my friend that works for CDC that passed this along to his family and friends. I'm passing it along as well..
The new NCP coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days, how can one know if he/she is infected. By the time they have fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs is usually 50 % Fibrosis and it's too late!
Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning:
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness, etc.,it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.
In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese Doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY. Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least. WHY?
Even if the virus gets into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your esophagus into the stomach. Once there in tummy...your stomach ACID will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly....the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS. That's very dangerous.
Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone.”
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #36
Mitch44
Grade 1

This is false information that is circulating around the internet. The Surgeon General, CDC etc. of the Virus Task Force has stated this is false information.

The internet is loaded with incorrect data and assumptions. One should not hold their breath on what they see or hear from the internet but do listen to the experts.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #37
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone speed View Post
I got a message forwarded by a friend:

This info is from my friend that works for CDC that passed this along to his family and friends. I'm passing it along as well..
The new NCP coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days, how can one know if he/she is infected. By the time they have fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs is usually 50 % Fibrosis and it's too late!
Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning:
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness, etc.,it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.
In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese Doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY. Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least. WHY?
Even if the virus gets into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your esophagus into the stomach. Once there in tummy...your stomach ACID will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly....the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS. That's very dangerous.
Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone.”
If I may add to that message (which we received about 3 weeks ago) Lone, most will have the virus and be able to infect others for about 5 days before they have any symptoms, which is why it is spreading so fast.
Barb
Listen, learn and stay safe
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #38
coacht
Grade 1

Thanks for the post.

Very useful advise
coacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #39
MikeB
Grade 1

Oops!

Quote:
“The 10 seconds thing is not true,” says Dr. Ratner. That's because coronavirus can present differently in people, including in the severity of symptoms and specific symptoms in general. "Some people are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and would easily be able to hold their breath for 10 seconds," Nate Favini, MD, medical lead at Forward, a primary care practice currently conducting COVID-19 swab testing and treatment of patients, tells Health. "So, not being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds is not an accurate test for the coronavirus," he says.

"The only valid way to know if you have coronavirus is to get a medical test," adds Jaimie Meyer, MD, an infectious disease doctor at Yale Medicine. (FYI: This involves a swab of your nose and throat that looks for the the coronavirus. While testing availability depends on where you live, most places it is only available with a prescription from your doctor.)
https://www.health.com/condition/inf...or-coronavirus
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:34 PM   #40
lone speed
Grade 1

I apologized for my post. Take care everyone and above all else stay safe
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote