Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
chris
Grade 1

Active Members & "The Contest"

Where are you?

Only 23 members - plus our one abstention - have shown an interest in the proposed contest. These kinds of numbers are not much of an endorsement for Admin/Richie who've developed it and will handle all the details. Believe we can do better than that.

If contests aren't your cup of tea, so what. Enter anyway. If you're not crazy about the limited betting choices, big deal. Enter anyway. If you think your selections will make you look foolish, don't worry about it. We've all looked foolish. The embarassment only lasts until the next race. To busy? Make some time, it's only for three Saturdays.

One of the consequences of entering a contest in a public forum, is that your choices are there for all to critique. That possiblity may be just the nudge you need to really focuss all your energy and attention on the races you'll be playing. You will make better handicapping decisions; focuss tends to do that.

For you fence sitters, this is less about what you know, how articulate you are, how often you post, or how many people you know on this site. This is more about doing it. And I believe you learn a thing best by doing it.

And finally, contests are one measure of where you are at the moment and a fair test of your progess. Remember that tired bromide you often hear at the track "we're just here to have some fun?" Usually follows a couple hundred dollar shellacking. Well so am I, but winning is inifinitely more fun than loosing. So what ever I can do to keep it going, I'll do. And this contest is one way.

Regards,
Chris
Old 12-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

Where are you on the other days besides contests only 65 posts since 2005,those numbers are not much of an edorsement as well.Shoeless
Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
admin
Administrator

chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Where are you?

Only 23 members - plus our one abstention - have shown an interest in the proposed contest. These kinds of numbers are not much of an endorsement for Admin/Richie who've developed it and will handle all the details. Believe we can do better than that.

And finally, contests are one measure of where you are at the moment and a fair test of your progess. Remember that tired bromide you often hear at the track "we're just here to have some fun?" Usually follows a couple hundred dollar shellacking. Well so am I, but winning is inifinitely more fun than loosing. So what ever I can do to keep it going, I'll do. And this contest is one way.

Regards,
Chris
Hello Chris

excellent post

I feel your last example fits me
When I go in to contest my goal is I hope to win. I want to do my thing and I'm very pumped up when I do good. Do I win? not too much, But I get something out of it I did it against others who are good but do it
differently. I did it my way and each time I just try to do better
than my last one. I did good in the fairgrounds contest ,Not so well in the summer contest I will do better this time Is my goal...
It helps my over all confidence
Thanks
Bill
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Guess it doesnt matter about posting the rest of the time sorry my mistake

Last edited by shoeless; 12-01-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
bobp
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hello Chris

excellent post

I feel your last example fits me
When I go in to contest my goal is I hope to win. I want to do my thing and I'm very pumped up when I do good. Do I win? not too much, But I get something out of it I did it against others who are good but do it
differently. I did it my way and each time I just try to do better
than my last one. I did good in the fairgrounds contest ,Not so well in the summer contest I will do better this time Is my goal...
It helps my over all confidence
Thanks
Bill
A-Men!!

"If you thnk you are beaten, you are, If you think you dare not, you don't!

"Think that you can and you will, It's all in your state of mind"

Bobp
Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
admin
Administrator

open it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobp View Post
A-Men!!

"If you thnk you are beaten, you are, If you think you dare not, you don't!

"Think that you can and you will, It's all in your state of mind"

Bobp

Hello for New England

Bob

isn't it so ?

When am I going to do better?
When I'm happy and when the race opens up on the software,
and I'm into it and the race makes sense
and the best paceline LOOMs up at me
I am going to take my shot. Thats when the $57.00 horses
and $72.00 horses come in I have done well in two
out of 5 contest I have been in
In both winning efforts I had great time practicing and making the bets

Back to the road. Its all down hill down home to Jersey

"Someday girl I don't know when were going to get to that place were we really want to go and will walk in the sun
But till then Tramps like us baby we were born to run"

Springsteen Born to Run

GS
Bill
Old 12-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
bobp
Grade 1

Smile Stuff in the mail

did ya get it . delivery was Thrusday???

Bob
Old 12-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
grahors
Grade 1

Contest entry fees 0-400$
Software 100-600$
Downloads 1-15$
Watching a race unfold just as you have predicted.......PRICELESS!!!

Races, horses, contests and all the surroundings...especially the people, LOVE IT ALL!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
chris
Grade 1

"Shoeless" off base as usual

Usually I find your comments not worth a response, but this time I'm going to respond to your foolishness.

Have had well over 140 posts since I joined, however Bill had to remove a number of them to streamline the site. Mine were some of those. They were of no great import, so nothing was really lost.

Try thinking next time before you open your mouth. It's a novel concept not well practiced in this day. But risk being an exception!

Chris
Old 12-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
shoeless
Grade 1

Try being more courteous to people I was just stating an opinion.
Closed Thread