Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
chris
Grade 1

A once in a lifetime opportunity

In response to a post on another BB discussing the advisability of three horse dutching my contribuition concerned a three horse bet. I've never bet a three horse dutch, but my one three horse bet, has what I believe, the ingredients of an interesting tale; trust, money and betrayal - sorry no love interest.

About four or five years ago at LAD the feature was a minor 6f state bred stakes race. Entered in this nondescript gathering was a West coast filly who had broken her MDN at HOL in open company and placed in a stakes there as well. According to her trainer, as reported by a DRF columnist, he brought her LAD to prep for the Breeders Cup? His remarks did little to enhance the veracity of those comments that are generally referred to as "Trainer Talk." Serious handicappers take them for what they are and attach little credibility to them.

However, he may have been breaking new ground, and hence forth the path to the Breeders Cup would detour through Bossier City, Louisiana. But he would do it without my money; that is until a bridge jumper popped up and dumped what looked like $150.000.00 to show on Wacki Patti, the prepping Breeders Cup filly.

Bet three horse to show; the most probable winner (forgetting Patti for the moment) who won and paid $18.00+ and $40.00+ to show, the next most probable placed for $12.00+ and $70.00+ to show, and my no-form, hail Mary, no probabilities projected filly, showed for what I believe was $175.00 -it's been five years, memories a little weak now. And Wacki Patti, the uncrowned heroine, coughed it up at the 5/16ths pole and finished last in a field of six!

God must bless the bridge jumpers because they're usually right, except when they're not.

Regards,
Chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote