Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 06-03-2021, 10:50 AM   #401
The Pook
Grade 1

This problem occurs on and off. More recently quite often. The Entry Screen shifts to the left to either show half a screen or a blank screen. There is no horizontal scroll bar to use and dragging to the right does nothing. Only the Entry Screen. All others are fine.

The only way to get it back is to restart.

????

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #402
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike, I thought I had fixed this some time ago

This appears to happen when focus is on the Entries screen - i.e. you have clicked somewhere on he Entries screen, such as one of the buttons, or a checkbox, etc - and you then click the Ctrl-Right Arrow key combination. Normally, that key combination moves you between the top level Tabs (Entries, Analysis, Tandems, etc ...) and when you click on one of those tabs then use the Ctrl-Right Arrow combination it does just that.

Either avoid that key combination while looking at the Entries screen, or - if the screen does shift right per your image, simply use the opposite Ctrl-LEFT Arrow combination to move the screen leftward again.

If this does NOT happen for you as a result of the Ctrl-Right Arrow combination, let me know if you can pinpoint what key combination does cause this.

I will investigate this and fix it (again ).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #403
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted,

I am not using any special key combinations. I click the analysis tab at the top to go there from the entries screen. Look around and do whatever going through the the horses and then when I come back to the entries screen it has shifted.

It works fine for a couple of minutes after restarting but then reverts. I can find no key combination to shift it back.

Mike
Old 06-03-2021, 01:32 PM   #404
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK Mike. I tested that issue on 3 Intel Windows computers just now and the Ctrl+Left arrow works on them all to move the screen leftward again in the current version.

I know you are using Windows on a Mac, sot here might be some odd key combo or other circumstance which is affecting this, and which I cannot test. I don't have any ideas for you right at the moment, but I will be able to prevent this from happening on normal Windows installs, thus it should eventually work for you as well.

If I can think of something to help you right now, I'll post it here. Sorry ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #405
The Pook
Grade 1

It turns out that mouse click and left arrow on the keyboard will recover it.

Something is odd though. I do use right arrow on the keyboard to scroll through the horses rather than clicking the numbered tabs at the top. It is as if the right arrowing has a latent affect on the Entries screen when I go back there. But only after a few minutes of use. And not always.

Weird,
Mike
Old 07-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #406
The Pook
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

Three things,

Do you plan on having the Entry Screen shift issue resolved soon? It becomes an annoying issue when doing lots of tracks.

Also when restarting, which is best to do after assembling one or two tracks because it crashes anyway, previously assembled FT races lose their red FT tag. You have to assemble again for them to show again.

I wanted to do Canadian track Evergreen Park as offered on HPI today but could not find it on Trackmaster?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #407
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted,

Also I am looking to do FP Fairmont Park later tonight as offered on HPI but RDSS and Trackmaster says there is no file for today. (Saturday July 10)

Mike
Old 07-11-2021, 04:43 PM   #408
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Hi Ted,

Three things,

Do you plan on having the Entry Screen shift issue resolved soon? It becomes an annoying issue when doing lots of tracks.

Also when restarting, which is best to do after assembling one or two tracks because it crashes anyway, previously assembled FT races lose their red FT tag. You have to assemble again for them to show again.

I wanted to do Canadian track Evergreen Park as offered on HPI today but could not find it on Trackmaster?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

1. Screen shifting - I will try to get you something to test this month (July). Not a full next update, but something to address this issue (you're the only one reporting it, so far).

2. Noted re FTS count on the Card Summary screen. I will elevate that for repair in the next formal release.

3. Evergreen Park is code GPR (Grand Prairie Alberta, per the Equibase Result Charts).

4. Fairmont Park is code FMT. If you do not see these on the ALL Tracks List in the RDSS Data Centre, after clicking Display Available Cards (to refresh data from TrackMaster), uncheck then recheck the box in the header of the ALL Tracks listing to refresh the master list of currently available tracks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #409
The Pook
Grade 1

Thanks Ted,

GPR checks out for Evergreen Park but FMT on Saturday shows 12 quarter horse races. FAN turns out to have the 7 thoroughbred races for Fairmount Park. Guess I should have sniffed around a bit more. These obscure western tracks don't have straight forward initializations.

Mike
Old 07-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #410
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Mike. So Fairmount Park Quarterhorses is track code FMT while Thoroughbred racing is FAN.

Like Los Alamitos Quarterhorses is LA and Thoroughbreds is LRC.

Ted

R
DSS -