Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2015 Matchup Challenge
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #31
The Pook
Grade 1

Overall Standings
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
The Pook
Grade 1

Weekend Hits
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #33
The Pook
Grade 1

Weekend Plays
Putting these up now so that players can check to make sure that I have logged their action correctly.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #34
The Pook
Grade 1

Matchup Challenge Standings (after 24 Races)

Thanks Mike for the weekends races. We might be in for a treat this year with a TC horse in our midst. We could use one but how many times has a strong looking horse fizzled in the Belmont since 1979? I think it takes more than two hands to count.

In the Belmont in three weeks I personally want to cheer on AP and not try to match against him. To bet to win on him will be useless. Looks like I will be doing the weekends races at that time so to make matching that particular race more interesting I was thinking of introducing $2 Exactor betting so we could consider others to go with AP. Singles, boxes, wheels, whatever. Or skip the Belmont?

Let me know what you think.

I am looking forward to Bill Lysters' assessment of the Belmonts marathon distance. He is always a good read.

Pook
Old 05-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #35
The Pook
Grade 1

Overall
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #36
The Pook
Grade 1

Weekend Hits
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #37
The Pook
Grade 1

Weekend Plays
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #38
mowens33
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Thanks Mike for the weekends races. We might be in for a treat this year with a TC horse in our midst. We could use one but how many times has a strong looking horse fizzled in the Belmont since 1979? I think it takes more than two hands to count.

In the Belmont in three weeks I personally want to cheer on AP and not try to match against him. To bet to win on him will be useless. Looks like I will be doing the weekends races at that time so to make matching that particular race more interesting I was thinking of introducing $2 Exactor betting so we could consider others to go with AP. Singles, boxes, wheels, whatever. Or skip the Belmont?

Let me know what you think.

I am looking forward to Bill Lysters' assessment of the Belmonts marathon distance. He is always a good read.

Pook
Pook, sounds like a good idea to me since that’s what I typically do with the match up races.

That’s why not getting that bet in on the 5th at Woodbine hurt. Along with a win bet I typically play the perfecta ($75.20) in units (4-3-2-1) and play a 3x4x5 (sometimes more on the end) trifecta ($287).

But it all comes out in the wash! There were plenty of times I missed a bet and my horses were way down the track. They don’t hurt at all !!!!

Pook, your right Bill is always a great read on the big races!

Mike
Old 05-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #39
The Pook
Grade 1

Matchup Challenge Standings (after 26 Races)

Muchas gracias Mister Pete for the races once again. Two reasonable payers again too.
If you smell smoke you gotta know what it is...smell it?....come on surely you've smelled it.....its....none other than The Mow Man (mowens33) lighting it up, on fire, in the zone....whatever you want to call it, sweeping another weekend and leaving the rest of us in the dust bin. Congrats my man and of course congrats to our other more recent member chuckg who also had Sundays race.
We are about one third through this thing so there is still lots of time for results to gain and lose, slip and slide, twist and shake. Next week Capcondo will host the weekend with I'm sure a couple of gems from somewhere.
Then there will be Belmont week. Watch this forum next Sunday night for a special betting event for The Belmont only. The Challenge will celebrate in its own way this new attempt at a Triple Crown. You will have the opportunity for potential redemption or self destruction. All in one race. Sharpen your pencils.

Have a good week, and Capcondo weekend,
Pook
Old 05-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #40
The Pook
Grade 1

Overall
Attached Images