Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 03-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
ThomasCSS
AlwNW1X

Post HELP? Can't activate DEMO Database

...hate to bother anyone/everyone with this, but I'm going crazy trying to make the DEMO database work on the RDSS ver. 2 (or 1.9).

I have read everything I can find before posting this and still am failing.

I have my Trackmaster registration name and password, and register upon opening RDSS.

I have installed the Demo Database. I also went into the .ini file and put the ';' (semicolon) before the database line so as to only access the DEMO database. I have clicked on the 'Past' folder under the 'Race Cards by Date' column on far left of screen.

On one occasion all the dates did display, BUT when I double clicked on any one of them nothing happened. On other occasions the drop down list of dates does not even come show.

Help please?
Thomas
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Thomas, and welcome to Pace and Cap, and to RDSS! I also got your email on this issue.

I understand you are starting your evaluation with both RDSS1 (V0.99.2) and RDSS2 Beta2. RDSS1 should be installed in a folder named RDSS. RDSS2 should be installed in a folder named RDSS2. For the current RDSS2 Beta2 (R2B2), RDSS is looking for databases (default or demo) in the RDSS1 Data folder (\RDSS\DATA\)

Let's try this:

1. Please check that the 2010 Demo Database is actually installed. Look in \RDSS\DATA\ folder for a database file named demo_data_2010.db). If you don't have it, that's your problem and you should try the Demo Database install again.

2. You say you changed your INI file to make the Database named 'Rdss Demo Database 2010' the currently active database. BUT - you don't say which INI file, and for which version of RDSS. If you were following the instructions on the Demo Database download page, you likely configured RDSS1 - you likely edited \RDSS\RDSS.INI. If you did this, the Demo Database should come up in RDSS1.

However, since RDSS2 is a separate program, installed in folder \RDSS2, and with a differently named Configure file found in \RDSS2\Configure\Configure.ini - it is that file you need to edit to get the Demo Database to show up in RDSS2.

If you believe you have both Configure files for both versions correctly modified to refer to the Demo Database, and the demo database file actually exists - but you still can't access its contents - could you please send me an email attaching the 2 Configure files from each version of RDSS and I will look and see what I can see.

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 03-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
ThomasCSS
AlwNW1X

Thumbs up Thank you!

Ted, I thank you and compliment you on your rapid response. I didn't want to spend my whole day figuring out how to start. Again, thanks.

Anyway, you solved the problem. Ver 2 is working fine now.

[...oh God, now I have no excuses! ]