Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
seattlesnake
Grade 1

How do they know they are maidens...?

Hello Everyone...

Back from a brief respite...... slowly tryin to get the groove and focus back...

Name:  Penn1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  153.6 KB

Name:  Penn8.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  131.0 KB
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1

WOW...good capping SS....Did u notice both winners were counter energy horses..

and yes..thats exactly what i say about maidens... I pass
Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Tnxs Mike

Thanks MikeS

Maiden races are mainstays on all of our racetracks...
Its like the buffet here in Vegas....I will try evrything on menu....
as long as there is a usable line and your getting good value its no different than any other event that we bet on.

btw..Trackmaster's SR (SR-TM) for Penn yesterday were right on Top3 on all the races except for the last race.. too many routers cutting back to sprint...

It seems they have been gettin tighter for the better..
Old 11-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi jess...

just one question...Are you ahead when playing maidens?, yes there are plenty of them ..but are they worth it?..I know the 2 above are nice hits , but the next one might be 18 races later and then your back in the red

mike
Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Re: Mdns

Hi Mike...

btw...hows the healing thing going with your health issues...hope everything is well..

Most of my major hits have been in MdnClm events that have keyed nice exotic returns maybe because a lot of players tend to shy away from them but on the other hand the weakest part of my portfolio is where there is quite a few fts especially the 2yo MSW at the major venues so i avoid those.

But my overall ROI have been a steady $1.22 -$1.28 and the maiden events have been in line with my total results so it has not affected it in a negative way but actually helped the bottom line.

Jess
Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
mikesal57
Grade 1

Nice consistency !!

Operation went great...feeling good...saw Dr yesterday...he's very happy with outcome ...the only bump was that he said that a little cancer broke out of the prostate but he anticipated that and said he went wide around it on that side to compensate...the next 2 PSA test will tell if its completely clean..one month then 3 months from now..My only issue is the ED I'm incurring now

thxs for asking Jess..and gl

mike
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
seattlesnake
Grade 1

$$$caaaacccchingg$$$

Picked Letter H today while watching football...did Hawthorne and Hollywood

HOOOOOOOOAAAAA!!! Missed the tri. thoug...

U can view the whole Hawthorne card for Sunday in the album...

Name:  HAW_R6A.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  139.0 KB

Glad your doing good healthwise Mike..
Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
mikesal57
Grade 1

Fantastic !!

A few cappers , including myself, dont mix poly / dirt or sprint / routes.

In the past when I cap poly's they always seem to be on top in the ratings and I see them lose most of the time..Do u have any criteria s about using polys or different distances?

thxs

mike
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Poly2Dirt

I also think along those lines re: poly2dirt and yes some poly # seem to be overated and does not transfer similar ratings when running to dirt but i tend to be more lenient when the a runner has had only a few races and does not have an established PP to show a like or dislike for a specific surface/dist.

In Fast Deposit's case we can see that he was well meant 1st time out based on his workout pattern prior to his initial race where he finished only 4+ lengths behind and earned a rating in poly higher than anybody that has run in todays event.
Attachment 18176

I assumed that his initial effort (80.3/88.3) may have affected his next effort vs. similar (75.9 EPR)... could be the track condition also....and finished up the track... so the money shot was the drop down to the MC15 where he was close in the first 2 calls (85.3) similar to his poly effort which was encouraging but produced a dismal result when fading badly.

So the question is will he be able to re-produce some LPR to run down the contenders ( 81.2-81.4 LPR's) in todays race or does he really run that bad on the dirt at Haw....?

He has had 58 days to acclimate and recover from his initial effort...3works/2races at Haw..showed sign of improvement with a new EPR in last...all he has to do now is reproduce a good LPR above 81.4 which is something that most of the runners in this race has never done before. So he does not really have to run a huge LPR like he did on poly...not necessarily but its nice to know @ 26-1 that he is capable in hopes that the EPR's battle it out and set it up for FD's superior LPR rating.. did he run an 88.3 LPR like he did on poly ...probably not.. but did he really have to?

Last edited by seattlesnake; 08-06-2010 at 11:42 AM.