Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Pace Makes the Race / TPR
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Pace Makes the Race / TPR Discussion, Examples, Lessons from Total Pace Ratings (TPR) aka 'Phase I' from the book 'Pace Makes the Race'

Old 09-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #31
1retired
Grade 3

Pace Makes the Race

OK Ranch

Dave
1retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #32
1retired
Grade 3

Pace Makes the Race - TPR

Lone Speed

Yesm, your (Peter Eurton's) horse did win the race at 6-1 odds and paid $14.00
and the exacta was very gettabl;e and paid around $43.00

Now, the question is, did the horse meet meet the criteria of the angle - that is was the E/L disfference for that horse at least 10 higher than any other horse in the race and what were his EPR difference, E/L difference TPR difference, Total Energy difference and his running style. I assume that her running style was an E something since she led the race from wire to wire. If you can give me the jinfo, I can put it in the database.

If it is confirmed that this horse fits the criteria for the angle, I will tell you that it is looking better and better for this Spot Play Angle. Again, if the data is confirmed, wthe angle will have pointed us the 17 winners in 20 races with most of the winners paying at least 6-1 odds or more.

If you don't have the dataa, I'll ask someone else to provide it.

Thanks

Dave
Old 09-28-2021, 02:46 PM   #33
Mitch44
Grade 1

Dave,
It sounds more and more to me like a lone speed angle, which is always subject to go wire to wire. They are over looked at times. And with a 5 point or 5 lg. advantage their subject to burn other E types out trying to catch them. They can be honed further to produce better results.

I used the 5 lg. advantage a few years back and gave it to LT1. I discarded it but don't remember specifically why.

My believe is that there are other things or Factors that are better angles than a partial one dimensional factor. Hey many angles get some winners. Don't just look at winners, also look at how many losers. This will give you a minimum acceptable odds for that particular angle. No doubt its nice to have several different angles in the tool box.

Best of luck,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:06 PM   #34
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired View Post
Lone Speed

Yesm, your (Peter Eurton's) horse did win the race at 6-1 odds and paid $14.00
and the exacta was very gettabl;e and paid around $43.00

Now, the question is, did the horse meet meet the criteria of the angle - that is was the E/L disfference for that horse at least 10 higher than any other horse in the race and what were his EPR difference, E/L difference TPR difference, Total Energy difference and his running style. I assume that her running style was an E something since she led the race from wire to wire. If you can give me the jinfo, I can put it in the database.

If it is confirmed that this horse fits the criteria for the angle, I will tell you that it is looking better and better for this Spot Play Angle. Again, if the data is confirmed, wthe angle will have pointed us the 17 winners in 20 races with most of the winners paying at least 6-1 odds or more.

If you don't have the dataa, I'll ask someone else to provide it.

Thanks

Dave
The Oaks horse did not wire the field. She went 3rd to 1st. There were 4 horses in the 7 horse field with 8 Quirin points and one with 6.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #35
1retired
Grade 3

Ranch

I misspoke. I acknowledge that the filly was 3rd, 1 length behind at 2F, 1 1/2 lengths and 3rd at the 4F call, and led at the 6F call and won drawing off in the
stretch. AT a distance of 1 1/16F, that quialifies to me. Another horse that Qualified in the Ky Derby (Mine That Bird) was even further back and came on to win drawing off in the stretch. So, to me the horse qualifies in the manner of eher win. The question is, was her E/L difference significantly greater than the other horses in the race and does she have an Early running style. I haven't seen the numbers yet so the horse and her data aren't wqzulified yet.
'
By the way, I'm not looking to cherry pick just the winning races for horses who qualify. I also want to know the horses that qualify and do not hit the board at all as well. I do not want to chanpion a rigged spot play angle that actually does not work in reailty. Someone said that her numbers for E/L difference were 8 and several other horses had E/L differences of 6. If that is the case, then this race does not qualify.

Regards
Dave
\w
Old 09-28-2021, 06:38 PM   #36
ranchwest
Grade 1

You might want to have a more scientific approach before diving in with actual wagers. For one thing, you are depending on the pace lines that various people have selected.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:28 PM   #37
1retired
Grade 3

Nobody said anything about making actual wagers. This is all research to determine if we have a profitable angle. I know that I'm depending on people's selection of the races. I have to have a starting point somewhere. Since I don't have RDSS, I have no other choice than to depend on other people's picking of the pacelines. I think most eppeople use the Best of the last 3 suface, distance etc.

At least in this way I'm getting into the ballpark of seeing whether this angle has the slightest chance of being profitable. So far so good. At some point in the near future, I intend to conduct a formal trial if these races and results continue to be positive. Given the limitations I have with no RDSS, can you think of any other way I could do it. . nand

Since you mentioned it in your post, now people know that I did not picik the pacelines which is fine and it should be known to people. That being said, I think it is fine to go ahead in this manner and get 10, 20 or 30 more recent races and if all is good at that time,, we can start a formal trial. What do you think?

Dave
Old 09-29-2021, 12:17 AM   #38
ranchwest
Grade 1

If you have any past performances, you can practice selecting pace lines. I don't have RDSS, but I have learned enough here to be able to converse on the topic of pace line selection and to sometimes recognize when I have not made the best selection.

The E/L difference is completely dependent on which pace line is selected. I don't think there is specifically a right or wrong, but certainly some lines are more right or more wrong than others. So, you may be getting these suggestions from someone who has made an excellent pace line selection or you could be getting suggestions from someone who has selected a line that you would have never deemed advisable.

So, my suggestion is that you are putting the cart before the horse, pardon the pun. I suggest learning pace line selection first. Then, when you get RDSS, you will be able to get to the line that will be the one you have confidence in for the E/L difference. Of course, RDSS will help you greatly in selecting a line, but from what I hear most of the experts here sometimes switch away from the Perceptor line of RDSS based on other information they glean from RDSS.

Brisnet has a limited number of free past performances in PDF format. Since you won't be making actual wagers, you don't need to be concerned about which track is the free offering.

Last edited by ranchwest; 09-29-2021 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #39
1retired
Grade 3

I've used Brisnet a number of times and to the best of my understanding the only free PPs that they offer are from either CBY or IND and that is only one or two days a week. fIf there are more free PPs available than what I have just mentioned, please tell me and I will use them.

Dave
Old 09-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #40
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired View Post
I've used Brisnet a number of times and to the best of my understanding the only free PPs that they offer are from either CBY or IND and that is only one or two days a week. fIf there are more free PPs available than what I have just mentioned, please tell me and I will use them.

Dave
I knew they had a free section, so I looked last night and they had IND. Beyond that, I don't know. Any track will do in practicing pace line selection, especially if, on occasion, you can compare your line selections to the line selections of others.