Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
BJennet
Grade 1

Understanding V/DC

Recently, thanks to Ted and those who worked to preserve them, I've been reading through many of the FUs from 70-88. This was fascinating reading, and one of the things that particularly struck me was the performance of the V/DC factor in the earlier models of Validator. I'd just like to make sure I understand what this factor is - the average of Velocity and Deceleration which is represented in Spec 160 by the Incremental Match-Up Graph - 3+ Total Pace. I would appreciate anyone letting me know if I'm wrong about this.

I usually only check this screen when dealing with turf races, routes, and occasionally sprints on late-running tracks. But it doesn't appear to me to have the same hit rate as major factors like TE, LS, CPR, or BL/BL. However in the FU reports and spreadsheets from, say 2000-01 timeframe, it has what appears to be an amazing hit rate - about 15% better than the major factors, which, as we know, are already very good. Can anyone explain this?

Cheers,

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote