Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 07-16-2023, 12:18 PM   #1
Lt1
Grade 1

Jedis To Join The Monkey On Sidelines

After conferring with Skywalker and the monkey and reviewing the amount of views and comments on out post in this section I have decided that it is time
to cease posting in this section. Too many folks seem intent to stay in the past relying on old programs and outdated contender and paceline line selections. I wish all good luck on their handicapping venture.
Tim
Old 07-16-2023, 12:36 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

The view of picks etc. is just a waste of valuable time, which is in short supply at our age, and can better be spent in another endeavor such as handicapping and research to perfect the art of the game.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 01:39 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Tim

Sorry to hear that you feel that way, thought you did a good job

I have probably forgotten if you did so but I would be interested if you did a
step by step on picking pace lines. I think a lot of people here would be interested as well.

Anyway thanks for taking the time posting here

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 02:54 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

shoeless,

Are you aware of his consulting fee?

Mitch44
Old 07-16-2023, 03:28 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thank you Tim, Darryl and Mitch for your Selections and discussions of handicapping and betting methods.

Ih my view, everyone does ANYTHING (over time) because it pleases them to do so, or satisfies a personal need to share or connect to others. Sometimes that sharing can be without expectation and sometimes (often) we like to feel appreciated.

I see the breadth of RDSS and other Methodology users from behind the scenes (though of course not all conversations which go on between people). I presume that the main reason people continue to use RDSS year after year (and pay money for it) is because they have some success and enjoyment from that, and some make consistent profits or at least sporadic yet satisfying profits.

I can say that many people use the 4-Factor (4 number) method evolved by Dick Mathie and demonstrated so well by Tim and Darryl - either exclusively or in combination with other model factors. And some others do not use it at all. I recommend people use it to get started - I use it in my own way. It is not required you do that though, and not doing that is not a judgement (by me) on how you handicap/wager using Sartin-derived tools.

I cannot (and don't wish to) control what Sartin software people use, and will always continue to allow anyone to post about older Sartin software and their success. For me, this is not about 'making the horse drink the water...' - it's about showing that many horses are over there enjoying quite satisfying water (RDSS - various flavours, some better than others) and now it's up to you to serve yourself. If I've learned anything over years, it is that you can't tell someone what to do - best to model successful or desirable behaviour and let human nature and self-interest take its course.

Not many people are inclined to teach others publicly (or privately) - it's not in their nature, or in their schedule of life activities, and it's not required. I am grateful to those I have mentioned - and others - who have chosen to teach and freely offer their skills publicly.

For many people, 'giving back' is accomplished by paying me every year for use of RDSS - and fair enough. Perhaps yet others will also be inspired to step up and make a contribution to the public space to give back on what has been given to them (unlocked of course by their own diligent efforts).

Again, thank you Tim, Darryl and Mitch for your contributions. Much appreciated.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 05:06 PM   #6
dadams6357
Grade 2

Tim
Sorry to see you and Mitch go...
I definately have read your post and have picked up valuable information from
both of you...Both of you have made major contributions to the site.
I can understand your decisions though...most folks want to be a handicapper and
always have a better method whether they make money at it or not...others just
want you to give them the exact bets for your races??? Most of the fun is figuring
the game out with guidance from others and figuring out ones own strategies.
Thanks again
Don
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:17 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

dadams6357,

Welcome I see you been around for a while but don't post much which is OK. Hopefully you're using the modern RDSS program as it will definitely improve your game.

If you haven't done so already check out my threads on Beginners and on deceleration which should also step up your game.

Beginners & Refresher course:

http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12316

Deceleration:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11631

Mitch44
AKA "The Monkey"
Old 07-16-2023, 06:26 PM   #8
dadams6357
Grade 2

Mitch
Thanks appreciate it.
Don
Old 07-16-2023, 06:27 PM   #9
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Don. I'm glad my posts were of help to you. Although I won't post race breakdowns I will still be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. Good luck
Tim
Old 07-16-2023, 07:00 PM   #10
dadams6357
Grade 2

Mitch
About posting...the reason i don"t post much.
Part of the reason I was spending 6 months developing an excel model using
Power Query. Quite a task I must say. When I got through with the model
I can break down everything into class/distance/surface/finish positions.
And was able to find what variables were important and what were not.
Some variables were important in some races and not others.
But it turns out that I get blinded by numbers. It is the way my brain is wired.
If my brain was a lil more balanced...i would be much better at handicapping.
If I was at the professional level I would be posting more.
At present I am trying to develop the other side of the brain...more subjective.
When I get the other side of my brain developed and can make consistent profits.
I will start posting...i figure i have about another 30 years to do that.
But at present still enjoying the game.
Don