Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 09-21-2017, 02:21 AM   #11
ray lopez
Grade 1

Pook,

I narrowed my contenderes to 4.
#5- line 1
#7 - line 3
#9- line 1
#11 - line 4

I used # 2 Adjustment because the Total Energy difference is more than 2.0
I bet # 5...Bill V calls this a super spot play when the first preplay screen and the second
screen shows the same horse...
But look at the odds line screen at the end...
Attached Images

ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:26 AM   #12
ray lopez
Grade 1

I kind of noticed that some winners were different from the preplay screen and this odds line screen...
I converted the odds probabilities to a betting line...#7 was the top horse in this odds line.
#7 -.57 - 4/5
#9 - .178 - 9/2
#11 - .156 - 5/1
#5 - .09 - 10/1
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2017, 02:34 AM   #13
ray lopez
Grade 1

The EXDC screen was the first screen that came out,#5 and 7 were top 2 ...The SP Deceleration screen came next...
I've noticed in the most of the races i've played ...if the winner is not in the first preplay screen,it was on the top of the odds line screen.

Ray
Old 09-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #14
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Jeebs does the Energy program you use recommend a variegate for the race? FTL in another post gave me the impression that that is what it does. I thought it was up to the user to determine that.

Pook
Pook,

The program recommends a variegate but the user has the option to change. I leave it be and trust the computer's judgment of my pacelines.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #15
ray lopez
Grade 1

I put all the contenders that Jeebs put in and i included #11 in the Energy 2 program.The odds line screen still has the #7 on top...I have seen alot of winners on this last screen(odds line) ,that is different from the preplay screens.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #16
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Jeebs does the Energy program you use recommend a variegate for the race? FTL in another post gave me the impression that that is what it does. I thought it was up to the user to determine that.

Pook
I would not say the ENERGY program “recommends” a variegate. Rather, I would say that based on the information entered into the program it DETERMINES the variegate.
While it is true that the variegate can be changed by the user, if the user, in fact, starts to make their own decision on what the variegate should be then there is no sense in using the program. I’ll use the race in question as the case in point.

When Jeebs put up the race he noted the variegate was “presser”. He made the conscious decision that presser leaned toward late, so he based his thoughts about the race on that. Now, if you look at the very first screen shot he put up, the program determined the ESP for each horse. All the horses were determined to be sustained, EXCEPT ONE #7, the ultimate winner. The ESP designation for that horse was S/P PRESSER. Had he leaned towards “EARLY” and looked at the last screen shot he put up, the EARLY EXDC had the horses in the order of finish.

Using a different version of ENERGY, RAY LOPEZ confirmed that when he ran his program, the EXDC PRE-PLAY screen was the first screen to come up. This is the programs way of telling the user to pay attention to EARLY. That screen showed the #7 horse as the second choice, making it one of the two horses to bet. In addition, one of the bells and whistles his program has that the original program did not have is the odds probability, where the #7 horse comes out on top….by far.

As Bill V pointed out in another thread, there were several versions of the ENERGY program. I don’t know this to be 100% fact, but I believe the version I have is the original. Later, the PRE-PLAY screens popularized on Thoromation were added along with other bells and whistles such as the odds probability screen shown by RAY LOPEZ. To my knowledge, none of these add ons detracted from the basic concepts of the ENERGY program, which, in my opinion, was the best attempt I have ever seen to have a computer program actually handicap a race. I should point out, however, this was not a program for entering a line for every horse in the race. Only solid contenders with good lines should be entered. And I should make the point, that at the time this program came to the fore, Doc’s original guidelines were in use.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #17
Bill V.
The egg man

Original

Yes FTL first off your the man , I'm laying here for the last few days, unabl e to do much,
It's great to see you giving such clear help to everybody I'm just sitting here
Thinking YES !

FTL you have an original Energy, all other versions and programs have other features and bells and whistles, but the base program they evolved to are from the original Energy which is what you use

Bless
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #18
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Yes FTL first off your the man , I'm laying here for the last few days, unabl e to do much,
It's great to see you giving such clear help to everybody I'm just sitting here
Thinking YES !

FTL you have an original Energy, all other versions and programs have other features and bells and whistles, but the base program they evolved to are from the original Energy which is what you use

Bless
Bill
Thanks, Bill.

Hope you are doing better REAL SOON!