Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
lightspeed2011
AlwNW2X

RDSS wishlist

Hi,

If viable, would like to have the following considered:

1 - for xls export - allow selecting a different folder than "models"

2 - add a .csv type export of races

3 - change the xls to a "format" compatible with older programs - i.e. I am currently converting them to excel 95 to be able to use them

Suggestions 2 and 3 are personal issues I have. The only software I have that will read the xls format being exported is OpenOffice. I'm not much of a spreadsheet guy, so to make them versatile for me, I first have to save a copy as either excel 95 or a cvs file. I can then either import them to a database or my own programs.
lightspeed2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeed2011 View Post
Hi,

If viable, would like to have the following considered:

1 - for xls export - allow selecting a different folder than "models"

2 - add a .csv type export of races

3 - change the xls to a "format" compatible with older programs - i.e. I am currently converting them to excel 95 to be able to use them

Suggestions 2 and 3 are personal issues I have. The only software I have that will read the xls format being exported is OpenOffice. I'm not much of a spreadsheet guy, so to make them versatile for me, I first have to save a copy as either excel 95 or a cvs file. I can then either import them to a database or my own programs.
Lightspeed,

A solution your points 2 & 3 already exist: export to a CSV file. Please refer to the Version 0.98.8 Release Notes. I agree the info may be obscure, but in the following extract provides a way to export to a CSV format file:
What's Provided

When you install RDSS Version 0.98.8, you get a new sub-folder within your RDSS folder: Models. I suggest you make a shortcut on your Desktop (using Windows Explorer) to this new Models folder for easy access. In the Models folder are initially 2 files: MasterTemplate.xls and DMR20090725-03.xls. If you want RDSS to create export files is CSV format, make another sub-folder within the Models folder named CSV, and look there for the CSV files.
Re your Point #1 - using an alternate folder for Model Exports - a very good idea! I will try to set up a control somewhere to specify the folder location to be used for exported XLS files (and a related sub-folder for CSV format files). Meanwhile, may I suggest, per the extract above, that you simply create a Desktop-shortcut directly to the Models folder (or to the Models\CSV\ folder) for easy access.

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
lightspeed2011
AlwNW2X

Thanks

Thanks.

I'll follow up on that.