Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 06-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
The Pook
Grade 1

Clarification

(No Documentation) is not an option. In trying to attract players with less time on their hands I admittedly cheapened the M4$ into less than what it has been and is intended be. While Ted and Bill V. support it, Bill wishes to express the following to all players and potential players:

"Pace and Cap is an extension of the follow-up. The desire of Ted and myself is that this contest should not be looked at merely as a game of chance. The underlying mission of this contest and all further Pace and Cap contests should be as learning tools.
It is my deepest request that each post contain some kind of commentary and if possible screen captures of at least 1 readout or past performance
summary. The spirit of Pace and Cap is to teach, learn and encourage effort from each of us. We can help each other as we work to become the absolute best users of the methodology
I ask you to consider your $100 buy in, an investment in your future. Get as much knowledge as you can from every race. If you cannot afford the buy in, or do not have the time to invest, try to get as many positive lessons as you can from what you see posted by the contestants.
This contest must be viewed as a teaching- learning, example filled exercise. The person who accumulates ten wins will receive a very nice reward, but in truth we all will be better off working together.
Please remember betting money amongst each other here at Pace and Cap is NOT ALLOWED! This contest is presented in the spirit of helping each other.
Good Skill to you all
Bill"

With this said there are a couple of tweaks to be implemented.
Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #12
The Pook
Grade 1

1. Documentation required as per above.
2. Pook will post a choice of 3 NYRA Friday races starting with Saratogas first Friday, on Thursdays. Contestants choose one to play of which they have two horses for win. (This change will help to minimize contest type strategies, encourage the use of the Methodology as much as possible instead of guessing, and bring into play more race selection skills.)
3. There will be a minimum and a cap of 11 players. (This helps to avoid confusion and overlap of which there will be some anyway.)

Pook
Old 06-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #13
The Pook
Grade 1

So it is now...

Name:  2017 M4$.pdf 2017-06-19 10-34-52.png
Views: 196
Size:  15.5 KB
Participants should consider themselves student-teachers. We learn from each other in doing and demonstrating to others. There is work involved. Players are committed to analyzing three races every week and trying their best to implement the Methodology in whatever particular way they do it. A lot to ask but this is the reason for the substantial potential payoff at the end for somebody.

Keep in mind that this challenge happens over a relatively few number of races and short period of time. Mastery of the Methodology will not necessarily be reflected over this span by anybody. But there will be glimpses here and there of what the Method can do and be. Join in or follow along. Race reviews and opinions are encouraged.

Pook
Old 06-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #14
The Pook
Grade 1

Mr. Pagine joins us. Thanks Jon.

Current roster:
Pook, Lost, Mick, Mitch, Mow, Ted and Jon.
There are four spots left. Has to be 11 players. No more, no less.
(I assume with the changes above everybody signed on is still good to go. If not just let us know)

One more thing. Whomever accumulates the 10 winners first and is to receive $1000....I, or Ted, or Bill V. or anybody, do not guarantee that all will transfer their portion on time or at all. We can't possibly do that. But this is an honourable site that is a cut above most and one can assume that all will work out. There have been no problems in previous M4$'s.

Thanks,
Pook
Old 06-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #15
Mitch44
Grade 1

The money should be in prior to the start of the contest.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #16
Mitch44
Grade 1

The choice of 3 races is a good one. It allows those on a tight budget to make the download worthwhile and chances are there will be more than one playable race among the three.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #17
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
The money should be in prior to the start of the contest.
Mitch44
Aint going to happen Mitch. For a few reasons. The main one being, I don't want that responsibilty. Nor should anyone want a single person to have it. The winners have had no issues so far. The trust level is high here. So we will continue to spread it out.

Pook
Old 06-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #18
Bill V.
The egg man

Return of the Blue Star

Thank you, Pook

Along with my $100 entry, I am offering an additional $75 dollar
BLUE STAR bonus!

Name:  Blue star.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  11.7 KB

Each time a contestant picks the winner of one of the 3 contest races
They will earn a BLUE STAR if their selection wins and that horse is NOT the final odds betting favorite

At the point where we have a contestant hit the 10 race mark.
whichever contestant has the highest amount of BLUE STARS
That person will get a $75 bonus prize

If there are ties for the most BLUE STARS The person with the highest win price of their blue stars will win the bonus.

Pook I will keep track of the BLUE STAR portion of the contest

The final odds will be based on the official Bris results charts

Good Skill
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #19
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Thumbs up I'm In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Thank you, Pook

BLUE STAR bonus!

Attachment 43568

They will earn a BLUE STAR if their selection wins and that horse is NOT the final odds betting favorite

If there are ties for the most BLUE STARS The person with the highest win price of their blue stars will win the bonus.

Good Skill
Bill
OK, Bill bonus finally convince me - lol. I am in Pook
cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #20
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Thank you, Pook

BLUE STAR bonus!

Attachment 43568

Good Skill
Bill
Awesome! Thanks Bill. Great idea and thanks for signing up.

Pook