Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 03-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #11
MikeB
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots119 View Post
Also, Is there a manual for the rdss software? Thanks
Tom Brohamer's book "Modern Pace Handicapping" is the best thing in print for the Sartin Method. A lot of the terms have changed over the years, but if you do a site search here, you can find a number of posts giving the RDSS equivalents of the Sartin Method factors as Brohamer describes them.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #12
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Mick - as the crime fiction best seller in our group, you are still in charge of documentation (if you want it!) If you are moved to update your document, please do so.

As you know, that document is a moving target for stuff to be added to as it appears and is tested in V2.1. Let me know, and thanks in advance!

Ted
Ted, let's do it! It may be a few weeks, as I want to finish and post my latest statistic findings on PTO rank vs Rx2 and Rx3. But updating the glossary is next on the to-do list.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #13
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Ted, looking at my Rx screen documentation, I need to update it. It's only showing the Rx value, not Rx1, Rx2 and Rx3. I did it before the most recent version. Those values are important.
Mike I was going to PM Ted for an explanation of RX (1-2-3), so please let me know when you have updated the documentation.

Thanks
cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #14
mick
Abiding Student

Hi, Cigar.

We haven't corresponded since the Match4Cash Challenge in the fall. Hope all is well with you. I will certainly let you know. I'll also ask Ted to write the explanation so it will be right.

The short answer for now is that the Rx values are line scores just like BL. The components are listed on the Rx screen, just like the BL components are listed on the BL/BL screen. Statistically, however, Rx2 and Rx3 have been out-performing BL. You can find something I posted here:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11012

There are other statistical studies from Bill Lyster and Lt1 and their samples are bigger than mine with similar results.

I'll make sure to let you know when the revised documentation is ready.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hey Vish, I also hope things are well with you and yours!

The Rx factor composition is explained in the Documentation Thread in the RDSS 2.1 Testing Forum. Not much more to write than that, except of course for the statistical studies people have done and are doing for themselves, and notes about how folks use them to winnow down Contenders. Also any 'gotchas' about what to watch out for when using them.

Just for the record - ANYONE who wants to check out the RDSS 2.1 Testing version is welcomed to do so - just write to me. There is nothing exclusive or hidden about it per se, only that it is a work in progress, subject to change and subject to much more being added to it. And while it fixes some old Bugs, it still has some new Bugs - so 'warts and all'.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-21-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:30 PM   #16
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Took a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hi, Cigar.

We haven't corresponded since the Match4Cash Challenge in the fall. Hope all is well with you. I will certainly let you know. I'll also ask Ted to write the explanation so it will be right.

The short answer for now is that the Rx values are line scores just like BL. The components are listed on the Rx screen, just like the BL components are listed on the BL/BL screen. Statistically, however, Rx2 and Rx3 have been out-performing BL. You can find something I posted here:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11012

There are other statistical studies from Bill Lyster and Lt1 and their samples are bigger than mine with similar results.

I'll make sure to let you know when the revised documentation is ready.
Mike/Ted, all is well I took a break from capping and wagering for a few months. No specific reasons, spent the last three months putting together a model of my favourite track and back testing. Results are promising will wait a few weeks after the track open and verify results to model. Also read both of Jim Bradshaw books.

Enjoying reading your posts, nice bomb at MVR. Hope Pook will continue the contest.
cigar is offline   Reply With Quote