Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #31
Mitch44
Grade 1

I and the others that you allude to that are like me understand quite well. Sartin if alive today would not condone the misleading rules you apply in the guise of being his. Apparently you didn.t read pg. 12 & 13 of the original Yellow Manual. Sartin even back then didn't eliminate 90 day horses and his were guidelines not rules.

Your posts completely misdirect Sartin teachings and the uninformed get sucked into and down a path of destruction believing it somehow is his teaching and words. I agree that your a sophisticated individual that can fool those that lack knowledge or experience with Sartin teachings.
Here's an example of sophisticated manipulation; " Having noticed the nice winning price he asked me if I could find the contenders and make a case for the winner." That is a quote from a Bill Lister on 5 Jun.18 for Parx Tuesday, reference you're so called rules , procedures etc.. If that is not cherry picking to fit a specific narrative than I'm just a lost soul. " I didn't ask Bill to post anything." Houston we have a problem!!

I don't blame Bill Lister as I believe he thought his post would be helpful. I believe him to be a very honest individual that generally cares and likes to help others. Is this going on with others that think their doing good? I do know one thing and that is cherry picking races to fit a specific narrative with "with a nice price . . . " is not conductive to Sartin teachings, or to the betterment of members to learn by following his recommendations such as the best of the last 3 @ a comparable dis. & surface.

There is an easy solution and that is put up some picks and quit Monday morning quarterbacking with ideal situations that fit a specific narrative. Your correct in that we all have losers however for clarification some have a tremendous amount of more losers than others. Giving up 25 % winners going into a race is insane and is not a winning formula.

It can't be stressed enough that your rules etc. have nothing to do with Sartin recommendations and teachings even going back as far as the Yellow Manual which was printed well before 1990.

Mitch44

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-23-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Contains language which violates the Terms of Service, see Ted Craven post below