Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 12-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #341
The Pook
Grade 1

2nd set of 20 went 7 wins playing singles for a 35% hit rate with a 10% ROI.
First set of 20 went 8 wins playing singles for a 40% hit rate with a 35% ROI.

So both were positive. It took 3 1/2 months to find the 40 plays from all tracks. No pace projection involved. Results were intriguing enough to maybe do further work. I did however in hindsight, find my approach too rigid.

In some of them you could with a bit of digging actually project enough of a pace to eliminate some runners. On the side I did come up with a nice paying different winner or two doing exactly that while going with power lines etc. Minds eye and intuition I am sure still rule even on these races as far as the Matchup goes. Outside of the Matchup Tim proved that his overall approach doesn't differ with these so called pace-less ones and yet he has the same success.

Thats enough of this for me for now. Maybe this informed or entertained some readers. Maybe some can do further work. I enjoyed it and will continue to post the odd interesting Matchup race. Richie or anyone else should continue to do the same.

A happy and profitable 2018 to all.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #342
Lt1
Grade 1

Nice job Mike 2 winning cycles in a row, with a nice win % for 1 horse betting,and the patience to stick to your plan for that period of time. I think that using RDSS and its' compounded ratings instead of being a pure matcher is most likely the reason I have some success with these pace less races. Truth be told unless a race has a number of e horses jumping off the page or I'm looking at a need to lead type most of the time I don't even realize that it's a pace less race. Like Jimmy said the match up is in the programs. It also doesn't hurt to be a 2 horses bettor since it gives you some wiggle room to take a shot and still have a second chance to win the race. Anyway thanks for posting these races. Wishing you a Happy,Healthy and winning New Year.
Tim
Old 12-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #343
Bill V.
The egg man

nice test Mike

Mike I have enjoyed following along with your work here.
Although I have not posted much, I tend to agree with Tim.
Doing just a few of the races , using the best of the last three and using the segments and RX3 readout, I did pretty well. The problem was being a two horse better,I got a few nice prices yet avoided many of the favorites who looked too strong,
Doc wrote many times about the danger of only looking at 1 move horses -1 fraction horses.
The best horse make their move between the first and second fraction, or
maintain a EP that leaves them with enough energy to run strong 3rd fractions.
Non the less your test showed a positive ROI which is very nice for you,
Although I agree. Its too restrictive for me to attempt. I remember very clearly
in a three way conversation, with Jim and Doc "the match up is build into the program" "The key to success is in your pace line selection"

Thanks for your live racing testing

Bless and good skill '
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:14 PM   #344
Mitch44
Grade 1

Nice work Pook. A tough game and showing a positive ROI is a real achievement. Rewards go to those that do the work. I just handle these type races like all other races. Having a consistent approach is a very valuable asset.

BIG CONGRATS,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #345
mowens33
Grade 1

Mike, Great Work!

I really enjoyed all your work!!

Happy New Year!!!

Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #346
lostandwon
Grade 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Minds eye and intuition I am sure still rule even on these races as far as the Matchup goes.
Pook, appreciate the time and the work.

Not trying to get too deep on a New Years Eve, but... I personally find the Matchup as a metaphor for life. There is value in the process itself.

I find your quote above applicable to life as well as the Matchup.

Thanks to you and RichieP & all the matchers past and present for opening my minds eye.

I am currently out with family and abstaining. Upon return home I will raise a glass of Redbreast to you all!!!
lostandwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #347
RichieP
Grade 1

Mike that was an awesome 40 race workup!!!! You took a Hat concept, ran with it, studied it and turned a fantastic ROI and win %. Doesn't get any better than that man.

Personally I really appreciate the time it took to post all that for us.

The very best of wishes, good health and good matching for the New Year
#