Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #31
Bill V.
The egg man

Sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
A blowout. The 1/5 fave gets creamed...big time.

PHA results:
WOW like Uncle Mo

Thanks David for the look at the 6
Thanks Rich for 3 good learning races
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
RichieP
Grade 1

THANK YOU to all who took part both here and at home

ok 2 of the 3 races did go OTE for the win (The Prx race no) and paid BIG fat prices for the WIN

I put these up cause these are the races that I do best at (have since the beginning with Hat). In the foreseeable future these race types are the ones that I will focus on and post up.

** Caveat - I did NOT bet any of these races ok? I am renovating my entire house and am wildly preoccupied so what follows is not a redboard, please consider it as something to look at , something Hat had me do in THESE race types. I want to HELP and share what Jim shared with me. hoping some will take from it tools to enhance and sharpen their matching skills.

Next Monday will be the 3rd anniversary of Jim's passing from this world to his next and I want to do ALL I can to honor him as his NON racing mentoring of me for 2 years has changed my life for the better in ways I can not describe adequately on a public bulletin board (Bill V has an idea of what I speak about)**

Bill V and Pete C - BIG congrats on your EVD win! Hat would be VERY proud, I mean that. VERY PROUD.

Pete C :
Ded lines ; 5f are treated the same as other 1 turn races, the 6.5 and 7f at Ded are around 2 turns out of a chute

Pete C:
I looked at your comment for the EVD 9th - IF you are NOT sure how the race is going to be WON then DEFINITELY pick BOTH an E and OTE runner(my opinion id for sure focus on VALUE). BUT if you feel with confidence that the race will be WON OTE than screw the E side and take a stand going with YOUR OTE instinct and SELECTION ok? Pete you have come a long way and have worked very hard on your matching work. You are GOOD - TRUST your intuition on the "call" of a race either E or OTE

Bill V - I know from talking with you and seeing your results that you are working REAL hard and having good results absorbing Hat's teachings especially his lessons in the "5 Step Approach" book which you are wearing the cover off of! I am so glad that when I talk to you on the phone you seem HAPPY about everything in your life! (remember what Doc told me years ago about you regarding this!) Awesome stuff man! Both Doc and Hat have to be smiling down looking at you with PRIDE.

NOW to the races!

Bill V and Pete C:
Please go back to the Tampa Race on Friday (The 6th with NO scratches) where you BOTH have the OTE winner shown in your final mix before the race ran ok?

Now count the # of early runners you see, NOW go back and find among your OTE runners the horse (s) that have won or ran very well from the next position out after you take into account the early horses POSITION ( if you have THREE early runners look for an OTE guy who runs well from 4th position or closest to that POSITIONALLY. Use the WHOLE pps as that is what Hat has taught for YEARS. We MUST account for the POSITIONING of the early runners on the RACETRACK when we are evaluating the OTE guys to find the WIN contenders

When you guys have the time please POST UP who they are among your listed OTE runners you both posted BEFORE the race ran ok? then I want to show you something and this will be right from the "Hat Check" Forum and Jim's teachings more that 4 years ago

Last edited by RichieP; 04-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #33
PeteC
Grade 1

Tampa Follow-Up

Hi Rich…okay, back to the Tampa race…

I considered 3 horses early (2,6,8). So, according to your suggestion, I’m looking for an OTE runner who can win or run very well from about 4th position.

I posted my OTE contenders as 1,4,5 and 9. The 1 and 9 look like they fit your suggestion for this race.

#1 shows two wins, one from 7th (line 4) at the 1C and one from the preferred 4th position (line 5).

#9 lost by a neck from 8th (line 1), lost by a length from 4th (line 6) and won from 6th (line 7).

Meanwhile,
#4's two wins were from 2nd position.
#5's win was wtw and more recent races show it likes 2nd or 3rd position.

Good stuff, Rich, and thanks.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #34
Bill V.
The egg man

Follow Him

Hi Rich
God Bless you and your heart of gold.

Here are two screens of what you asked for

The Tampa and EVD OTE winners
Both winners do match the pattern from The Hats teaching
Early horses who win from positions greater than
the early grouping

Tampa Race
Name:  position.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  154.5 KB
EVD Race
Name:  position EVD.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  142.2 KB
Bill V.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #35
PeteC
Grade 1

[QUOTE=Bill V.;70459]Hi Rich

the early grouping

Nicely done Bill. Looks very clear when you lay it out that way.

And... let me echo your sentiments about Richie. He puts so much out there for virtual strangers to benefit from. I was not able to take the material in the Hat's books and translate them into success for whatever reason. I just couldn't do it. It was only by studying "notes from the Hat sessions" laid out graciously by Rich that I began to make headway.

Rich, I know for myself, and I'm sure for many others here who post or view privately from home, you continue to aceive your goal of generously passing on what Jim taught you regarding the Match-up. The special connection you shared beyond racing also comes across man.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #36
Capcondo
Grade 1

Hypothetical pick 3

A $2 parlay on these three races turns $2 into $2,577.74. The last one from Philly would have been very tought to get.

When I looked at the EVD race after it was run but before I knew the result, I ended up with the same two horses that Bill did; the 1A and the 6. I picked the wrong horse. Looking back at it, the applicable lines are (in tenths):

1A: 3 back where the horse closed against a 22 46.1 59.1 1:13.0
6: in the last race the 6 closed against a 22.2 46.2 58.3 1:11.0. The 6 had 2 comparable efforts 7 and 8 races back.

Now, I remeber the Richie saying awhile back that a horse closing against a dead pace like the 1A 27 seconds in the last quarter should be tossed.

That gets the 6. I'll try to remember that.

Tim
Capcondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #37
Capcondo
Grade 1

And thank you Richie for posting three great races. Thinking back, most of the races you've posted had a nice lesson and paid a good price.

Tim
Capcondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #38
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Hi Rich…okay, back to the Tampa race…

I considered 3 horses early (2,6,8). So, according to your suggestion, I’m looking for an OTE runner who can win or run very well from about 4th position.

I posted my OTE contenders as 1,4,5 and 9. The 1 and 9 look like they fit your suggestion for this race.

#1 shows two wins, one from 7th (line 4) at the 1C and one from the preferred 4th position (line 5).

#9 lost by a neck from 8th (line 1), lost by a length from 4th (line 6) and won from 6th (line 7).

Meanwhile,
#4's two wins were from 2nd position.
#5's win was wtw and more recent races show it likes 2nd or 3rd position.

Good stuff, Rich, and thanks.
Morning Pete
Now match up the 1 and 9 head to head if you want to get to ONE horse (2 is perfectly fine btw!).

Use your lines posted above for the 1 and 9 (good work btw!) and now tell me which horse will be AHEAD of the other at the first call? Use first fraction time, positioning and beaten lengths if necessary ok?

Which of the 2 OTE runners will be "Closest to the leader/pace in today's race? That is YOUR horse" and has been posted by Hat and me relaying his teachings in the Hat Check for 2 years "
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 04-18-2011 at 08:31 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #39
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Rich

the early grouping

Tampa Race
Attachment 21777
EVD Race
Attachment 21778
Bill V.
Morning Bill!

Excellent work and THANK YOU for the layout, it is PERFECT and shows exactly what i was trying to convey.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #40
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capcondo View Post

When I looked at the EVD race after it was run but before I knew the result, I ended up with the same two horses that Bill did; the 1A and the 6. I picked the wrong horse. Looking back at it, the applicable lines are (in tenths):

1A: 3 back where the horse closed against a 22 46.1 59.1 1:13.0
6: in the last race the 6 closed against a 22.2 46.2 58.3 1:11.0. The 6 had 2 comparable efforts 7 and 8 races back.

Now, I remember the Richie saying awhile back that a horse closing against a dead pace like the 1A 27 seconds in the last quarter should be tossed.

That gets the 6. I'll try to remember that.

Tim
Morning Tim
Great work on the EVD race, shoot if we can keep getting winners in our final 2 we will be in real nice shape. YES the winning 6 had multiple successful OTE runs while I believe the 1a had but 1 in the whole pps.

You are doing good work man, let's keep it going strong

Wow the artificial pick 3 pay on these 3 races was huge ha? lol

here is a screenshot of your above mentioned lines for the 1a and 6 grouped together
Attached Images