Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
Thanks, I have two followup questions:

2. The line you selected for the 10 was from a different track--FP--so I assume that made no difference whatsoever.
I also assume you made no adjustments, and just took that time at face value. I have no problem with doing that, and I have been doing things that way myself. I'm just trying to make sure I completely understand. Are there any circumstances where you or the Hat would adjust that time?

Thanks again.
The track made NO difference whatsoever. Made NO adjustments and took it at face value Steve.

There are SOME tracks I would mentally adjust. Some examples:
1) Cd 6f race - 1st fraction from there are very fast - I slow them by 3-4 ticks in my head

2) Crc dirt - VERY slow when comparing to Gp,Bel etc. I try to key in on first fraction/first calls there when evaluating vs other tracks Steve. I match em up based on EARLIEST part of race if that makes sense. It's where the difference in track speeds are minimized or non existent. This is what Jim taught me to do.

Hope this helps and nice hit selecting the 10!
Richie
Btw - LOOK at the result chart of the ACTUAL first fraction time in our race Steve. 23.3! Bingo right what we were looking for. That is the Matchup
Old 09-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #12
Turbulator
Grade 1

Thank you , Richie--very helpful. Sometimes it's the little things that get you over the hump.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
Thank you , Richie--very helpful. Sometimes it's the little things that get you over the hump.

Excellent!
That's what this is all about Steve. Very good.
Richie
Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj View Post
question
why the Stretch time is marked at 6f in a route race?
Pino
maybe it would be better to label that "3rd" rather than "str" ??
Richie
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #15
gl45
Grade 1

i love to see my selection run 113.2 at the stretch in a 8f race.
I think it might be confusing for some, reading the #10 4th. line it seems to indicate that he was 2nd at the stretch in 113.2 time. Wow that is fast.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
RichieP
Grade 1

Voodoo/Fastest pace last race

Hat gave me this race to do immediately when he got back from playing Sunday.

HERE is how YOU can apply some of his Voodoo techniques ok?

FOCUS on what he tells YOU in the Hat Helpers for this race type.FOCUS.

Hat Helper #1 - "Today is that 5.5f screwy distance.Focus on the horse's 5.5f lines" - The Hat

***Hat Helper #2*** - "Find the fastest pace from LAST race. If that horse's running style fits TODAY'S projected winning style (early/other than early) use that last race pace of race and if you have to substitute another line's POSITIONS for the ones shown in last race.This is OK to do." - The Hat

1) This race the 2 and 4 come out of fastest pace last race tandem. 4 destroyed the 2 and the 4 has other than early style.

2) Looking at the fractions and styles this race should go other than early. We have our match of TODAY'S projected winning style with the 4's fastest pace last race style. NOW we apply step 3.

3) Pace of last race is kept for the 4 and POSITIONS from last race (7-7-5-5)are replaced by the ones from line 2(7-6-1-1 POWER MOVE!).

New Voodoo line for the 4
22.2 - 45.4 - 58.0 - 104.3 Positions 7-6-1-1

Who wins NOW?

Think this is crazy man? LOOK at the result chart fractions. Then LOOK at the Positional move made by the winning 4 horse.

THIS is the matchup. Voodoo has arrived folks. YOU can do this with FOCUSED practice and working of races.

Richie
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #17
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Steve,
ok
1) I looked at the 1st fraction times of the sprinter #3. 23.0

2) I looked at the 1st fraction time of the fastest router #9. 24.0

3) For me to BET my money on Other than early I NEEDED one who faced 1st fraction pace of 23.0 - 24.0 tops. If I didn't I would PASS the race and move on(which happens often).

4) Moving through the field I hadn't found one and was all set to PASS when I got to the last horse #10.

5) Look at his pp's from the last race moving downward
a) last race is a sprint - No
b) 2nd back is route facing 25.1 first fraction - way too slow - No
c) 3rd back is route facing 24.4 first fraction - way too slow - No
d) 4th back is route facing 23.3 first fraction - BINGO! - WINS the race and shows vicious POWER MOVE!

THERE is my horse.
screen shot of pp's of winning 10 horse
Rich:

As to the #10 horse you went 4th race back. When do you figure and how do you figure that a particular horse has gotten to slow? You have said once before that "The Hat" does not necessarily go with horses in form out of form but are they to slow or not. Does a horse becoming to slow apply to only early type runners?

Thanks,

Robert
Old 09-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #18
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up

Quote:
***Hat Helper #2*** - "Find the fastest pace from LAST race. If that horse's running style fits TODAY'S projected winning style (early/other than early) use that last race pace of race and if you have to substitute another line's POSITIONS for the ones shown in last race.This is OK to do." - The Hat
Richie

Now we go DEEPER into what he always said, "fastest pace last race".

I always knew when Mr. Bradshaw makes a statement in point about the MatchUp, a COUPLE of chapters could be written just on ONE.

Quite advanced and a very clear explanation. Wow. THAT is sheer, bonafide, unadultered, raw , organically grown , well deep ,balls out , unpasteurized , masterfully naked display of Voodoo I've ever seen explained, WOW ,WOW WOW. Rich, you are TRUELY privaledged.

This post is worth a million bucks. If folks arent awed by THAT, the only other handicapping program and/or method is to invent a method or program that gives you actual legal results 2 minutes before post....like a Time Machine. The MatchUp is the s**t ,winner take all ....all others, take notes and learn from a Legend and a Master.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #19
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Weapons of Mass Destruction

Quote:
THIS is the matchup. Voodoo has arrived folks.
Richie
J-e-e-z-z-Us Christ, Rich, you really dropped The Hammer of Thor with this post. If you're just warmin up, holy cow!!!....don't hurt us , please , be gentle.

As you get better, better pick up some betting advice from The Hat. Would'nt want your accounts to get closed and not accepted ...nor banned from a race track, though it would be an interesting story to tell your grand kids.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM   #20
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich:

As to the #10 horse you went 4th race back. When do you figure and how do you figure that a particular horse has gotten to slow? You have said once before that "The Hat" does not necessarily go with horses in form out of form but are they to slow or not. Does a horse becoming to slow apply to only early type runners?

Thanks,

Robert
Good question.

If that 10 horse HAD faced my proj pace in say both of the last 2 races and had done NOTHING that probably is a serious tipoff it is not the same animal it was 4 back.

With this horse and it's form cycle things are a bit different "Mu". At least to me they appeared to be. He is definitely an other than early who appears to need a FAST 1fr-1c to fire a good race. Those routes 2 and 3 back were just way too slow for him to have a chance to fire. Line 4 just seemed right here.

Do i do this and get it wrong too? YES.

KEY for me is to make sure I BET money on "Other than early horses" who show
1) Power Lines
2) Power moves
against pace's at least as fast as projected for TODAY. This is what Hat taught me from the word go Robert.

He does NOT want BETS to be made on slow horses. I am not at his level by any stretch so what I do is PASS a heck of a lot more races than he does.

I WAIT for winning race patterns to show themselves to me. Than if I am getting at least 2/1 at 2-3 mtp I fire. If not I move on QUICKLY.

Richie