Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 04-25-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Without having crunched the numbers yet, from what I've seen Nyquist and Danzig Candy will both be penciled into the win column in any exotics that I place.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:42 AM   #12
ClockerDan
Grade 1

Nquist doesn't have value to me His speed ratings are fine but late pace ratings seem low

But I do agree with you on Creator could be a use. Thanks for the response Dan from Ca.
ClockerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:47 AM   #13
ClockerDan
Grade 1

Nyquist seems to be a little low in numbers in a few categories for me Big hype could be
Wrong and he just didn't need to use everything in the tank.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Using the Anonymous Horse Players Portal 11 elimination guidelines these are the ones that I think are Not Eliminated:

Nyquest
Exaggerator
Outwork
Oscar Nominated.

Only 2 winners since 1993 have not had all 11 factors, Giacamo & Mine That Bird.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #15
ClockerDan
Grade 1

I believe the portal is wrong. Either it was California Chrome or the derby before they threw out the winner. Just 4 starts for outwork is not enough maturity in my humble opinion to be a derby winner and 4 starts for Oscar nominated and to boot its a turf horse. Ran real good
on poly track ( most turners do ) I'll give you that. Oscar Nominatated is my sleeper for the breeders cup if he is entered for turf that is. Nyquist speed figures are too low for me to believe the hype ( maybe leaving something in the tank.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #16
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Clocker Dan, it's possible you may be correct. I was looking at it today and the only 2 who didn't qualify since 93 are the ones I mentioned.

I don't have any other facts to back any of this up. Either way those 11 elimination guidelines have performed rather well.

I applied them as best I could to this years contenders and those 4 are the only ones who are clean. I may not be however.

All the best, and pick that Derby Winner.

John
Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #17
ClockerDan
Grade 1

You are right John I went back and looked for myself. I do love that Oscar - ken Ramsey

is supplementing the fee for the horse so I have used that in the past with great luck in breeders cup and Exagerated I really like Nyquist I'm not to sure on but Outwork can do it too - bigger horse than I thought some 16-17 hands so that is a plus in derby packed crowds. Thanks again John. Good luck to you as well
Old 04-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Ted once told me a horse only runs as fast as he needs to.

This is a tough field to sort through as nobody has run a Fast-Fast Race shape. Probably will end up using DRF ticket maker with a $500 budget and using the entire field in the pick 4, hoping I survive and catch a longshot.

Will be using RDSS for the VDC/Energy figs... I see a lot of hidden energy spent from the off the pace types.

PS- I have no idea what you are talking about re:the portal 11 elimination guidlines.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #19
rmath
Grade 1

curious???

Dogkatcher,where are these anonymous horse players portal 11 guidelines located ?
I am sure there are several players who would like to read them.
If there is no website would you be willing to post them ?

thanks
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #20
ClockerDan
Grade 1

It's a web site: anonymous horseplayers portal. How can I stick in the web page info on here? Rmath or/& Ryan.p.coli