Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #21
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Pook?

I can’t argue with that, for anyone wondering it was $30 for general admission, it was always free in the past.

Coupled with the timing issues and the lack of Allowance horses, the powers that be are doing a wonderful job of bringing new horseplayers to the game, and alienating the ones that they already have.
Attached Images

Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #22
Tim Y
turf historian

Biggest handle ever, biggest attendance in years. I am sure the corporate offices are happy with that result. I would have wagered that attendance would be DOWN and it was not.

I would not worry about the long term viability of that track.... NOT A BIT
Old 07-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #23
Bill V.
The egg man

Total Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
what I found BASIC to the Sartin Methodology,is that PACE is Class, Class is pace.

Horse's have NO idea what HUMAN level they are running against ONLY TIME.
Hi Tim

I agree with some of what you say, Generally I don't pay much attention
to slight differences in claiming prices or allowance to sprint changes
Man made class values are flawed, The horse either has the ability or it does not.

The basics you mention is actually Speed is class and class is speed
in the Sartin methodology we measure class as total energy

Also a basic valid excuse for a poor effort is "first try at track in the current meet"

Horse 1 Commute . Has never run at Woodbine. It shows 3 graded stakes races
It earned a plus race in only one of them earning a 165.4 but this is a projected number from a 5.5 sprint.

Horse 2 Full Mast Has never run at Woodbine.
This foreign horse shows 4 grades stakes races but we have no total energy ratings

Horse 3 Smoke Kitten Has never run at Woodbine. This one shows 3 graded stakes races
earning 1 plus race earning a 168.1 total energy

Horse 4 Hammerstein Has run multiple times at Woodbine It shows 3 graded stakes races.
In its best effort in a plus race routing it earned a 163.4 total energy

Horse 5 Tesseron Has run multiple times at Woodbine
It shows 3 graded stakes races. It has never run a plus race in a graded stakes race.
In its best effort routing in a graded stake, it earned a 167.5 total energy

Horse 6 Stolen Tribute Has run multiple times at Woodbine but has not run on the new Tepeda surface so this is a valid excuse candidate, In its only graded stakes race it ran poorly finishing 7th of 8 with a total energy of 166.7

Horse 7 Tower of Texas Same as horse 6 This one has run multiple times at Woodbine but has not run on he new Tepeda
surface so this is a valid excuse candidate, It shows 3 graded races In its only plus graded race it earned only a 164.2 total energy.

Horse 8 Dimesion Shows a recent race over the new Woodbine surface, 27 days ago.
It shows 6 grades stakes races Earning plus races in 2 of them. In its best effort it earned
a 164.8

Horse 9 was scratched

The top 3 finishers were horse 8, 6 and 7
All three have run in graded stakes earning comparable total energy figures
The winner #8 has two powerful factors
1. It was run over the track recently
2. It has run in 6 graded stakes races, The most in the field

Another basic of the methodology is the horse runs the race
In the methodology we base our easement of a horses ability by choosing pace lines that represent what we expect to happen. I expect faster total energy times in graded stakes races than claiming races
Doc said that a horses past pace lines will determine if a horse belongs
in todays race

Yes the 3 horses you mention Horse 1 2 and 3 have flawed numbers .
but I am seeing their loses do to shipping in to a new surface and inability against comparable completion

Thanks
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #24
Hoof 11
Grade 1

There are still timing issues on the Turf, now that the Plate is over with Woodbine can go back to screwing over the “degenerates” that keep this track in business.

Saturday July 9/16

Race 6

Onscreen Fractions – 23.23 – 46.06 – 57.40 – 1:09.55
Charts – 22.45 – 45.21 – 56.99 – 1:08.71

Sunday July 10/16

Race 1 has no fractions listed in the charts, just the final time.

R1 – Onscreen - 21.99 – 45.42 – 57.40 – 1:04.01

Race 6 had no fractions or final time posted during the race, and the charts are missing fractions.

I’m sure Tim will be along momentarily to tell us that everything is just fine.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #25
Tim Y
turf historian

seems a UNIVERSAL PROBLEM

http://www.drf.com/news/timing-every...cated-it-looks

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...timing-issues/

http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/art...ackwork-timing

http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?topic=69335.0
Old 07-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #26
Tim Y
turf historian

Your NOSE is going to grow postintg this fiction

FROM the Trakus PR department

How do we know the Trakus results are correct and reliable?
• Prior to commercial deployment, Trakus was reviewed in a series of system trials performed over several years; analyses covered a broad range of actual live race conditions, track surfaces, distances, and track geometries.
Results were shown to be accurate, reliable, and consistent with the widely accepted existing techniques.

• Additionally, working closely with its commercial track partners Trakus continues to automate standard operating procedures for data quality assurance, system auditing, and results verification. As a unique benefit, Trakus information is gathered constantly for the full field and therefore it is generally more readily and quantitatively verifiable than other methods.

Why do the Trakus results sometimes vary from the official industry reporting?

• During the market introduction of Trakus, official times and margins continue to be reported using conventional methods (photo-eye systems, chartcallers). This ensures continuity with prior history in this phase of rollout. The company anticipates this to be an effective way to introduce the many other benefits of this technology. However, because the methods are independent during this pha I have seen horses reported as finishing 4th that were second on the official photo of the race.

IN THEIR OWN WORDS!! Bottom line: tracking systems do provide timing information,but timing systems are unable to provide tracking information.
More fiction can be found here http://www.trakus.com/press-pdf/trakus_FAQ.pdf
Old 07-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #27
Hoof 11
Grade 1

It amazes me that they can time a race car travelling at over 200 MPH to the 100th of a second, but they can’t time a pack of horses running at 40 MPH. *facepalm*

It’s a good thing i’m not paying for this bogus information on a daily basis..... wait a minute.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #28
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
It amazes me that they can time a race car travelling at over 200 MPH to the 100th of a second, but they can’t time a pack of horses running at 40 MPH.
most tracks do it correctly, and have been for many a year before these guys came along.

I ran the timer at a standardbred track for about 4 seasons and with the teletimer style of timing there are few problems other than technical (sensor not coming on or set off mistakenly by a bird or leaves blowing in front of the activated sensor

Last edited by Tim Y; 07-11-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #29
Hoof 11
Grade 1

And the nonsense continues......

Initially i thought that clockwise racing at Woodbine was a good idea, that was before i realized that in almost every clockwise race, 1 or 2 of these horses does not possess the ability to turn right, and blows the first turn and is out of contention. Not to mention the previous clockwise running lines are absolutely useless seeing that the internal fractions are missing from the PP’s. I just love opening up a card only to find nothing but blank lines to work with.

The Turf timing is still a complete joke at this track, why should the onus be on me to fact check these running lines every day on top of everything else that i have to do. If the track doesn’t care about timing these races properly, then stop charging me for the PP’s, it’s that f’n simple.

July 30 – R5 Turf 6F

Onscreen – 23.17 – 46.40 – 57.91 – 1:09.53
Charts – 22.16 – 45.81 – 57.11 – 1:08.88

Aug 1 – R1 Turf 5.5F “Clockwise”

Onscreen – 23.34 – 47.89 – 59.52 – 1:05.49
Charts – 22.02 – 44.93 – 57.15 – 1:03.30

And if you think these problems are limited to the Turf course, check out this beauty on the Tapeta....

July 31 – R5 Tapeta 9F

Onscreen – 10.65 – 36.45 – 1:01.10 – 1:26.65 – 1:39.20
Charts – 25.38 – 51.21 – 1:15.85 – 1:41.40 – 1:53.96

This is Jim Lawson’s first year on the job as CEO of WEG, could it be a coincidence that the production of races at Woodbine has taken a sharp nosedive? I think not.

This track use to put on a “Grade A” production on a daily basis, now i am left shaking my head at the piss poor cards that i have to deal with as well as the lousy race production, 5 of the 9 races this coming Friday are Maidens, awesome!

My patience is running thin with this track and i think it’s time to start looking at other tracks to play, anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-04-2016, 02:02 AM   #30
Mitch44
Grade 1

This game is tough enough as it is without having to also take on an establishment that has total disregard for the ones that make the merry-go-round turn. Go elsewhere and eventually they'll get the message. With modern racing we have choices that weren't available years ago.Number 1 priority is looking out for yourself, loyalty is a two way street.
Good luck,
mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote