Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #81
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
I'm at work...
Il get back to this later
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #82
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Suspicion

Sorry I'm late to the game. I've been in the racebook all day.

MIKESAL57, I have the feeling that you posted this horse for discussion because you thought it was the winner of the race. If that is true, GOOD JOB!
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #83
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
An AUTOMATED look at line selection

For the record, my automated line selection chose the following horses to receive lines. Here are the horses and the lines selected.

#1 – line 1
#2 – line 2
#5 – line 1
#8 – line 1

For those of you who have been following along in this thread, I briefly outlined my line selection process, so if you are interested you can look at that and follow along. With these horses and lines, the #2 horse was BY FAR the best horse in the race.

In addition, the #8 gets tossed first as it is still a maiden.
Then the #3 and #7 get toss for having not raced in the past 90 days.
The #4 gets tossed for not having a line that matches distance/surface in the last 90 days.
The #6 only has one 5f race on a surface other than turf in the past 90 days and I do not use 5f races in a 6f race, not that it would matter since that race was at PID against "State Bred" horses.
The #1 is, well, the #1 is just a bad horse at this point in its' career, not to mention that it just can't "match up" with the #2. It is 1 for 19 and STILL looking for win number two. Tossed.
The #5 is 4 for 39 lifetime and coming off a win vs. NW4L. In a "match up" with the #2, it just doesn't match up.

Conclusion? The #2 is the clear choice, no matter how you look at it.
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #84
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
Sorry I'm late to the game. I've been in the racebook all day.

MIKESAL57, I have the feeling that you posted this horse for discussion because you thought it was the winner of the race. If that is true, GOOD JOB!
Your right FTL , since I work in the afternoons I have to work out the races early. I saw this horse and the m/l odds of 6-1 and loved it. Thxs

But back to the original post ..

The regulars here are pretty much advanced handicappers and have their ways of handicapping. The post was a basic question on which line to use. Without getting too advanced they are told to use the "best" of the last 3 with RDSS.
You tell the "newbies" to read the Follow-Up Manuals to further themselves.
In there you read "Doc" saying that the last line is used bearing that there is no trouble line.
Now....How confusing can this be to someone just starting out?
And to top it off , you hear " There are no rules" !!!!

Most new people that come here are looking for a "black box" program to win races. We all know that thats non-sense but its the truth. They ask a simple question and then the flood gate opens are hit with all this...
How discouraging is that? I myself would have ran away with my pants behind. Only Ted can tell us how many start using RDSS and then disappear.
This is a shame since I believe this is a great site for learning even if its not with RDSS.

Charlie, Pino, Charles,Ernie, Bill and FTL your incites were right on ...
Line 3 was to be used since its back to where he prefers and that he was on a track that he probably disliked..This is sound handicapping and I can be more confident in my line selecting than to just "use best of last 3"
But do we expect this to be known from someone starting out?

Maybe we can create a "Newbie" forum or something for us guys to take it easy on someone just coming in...What do you think??

mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #85
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
From Ol Yella to the present day (and unless Ted changes it, in the future)

Quote:
the essence of the methodology is the MATCH UP

Instructions on how to handicap races using the MATCH UP can be found in Ol Yella. (Yellow Manual)


If you use other methodologys you are not handicapping races using the MATCH UP. In other words, you will not be using the methodology you came here to learn.


Good Skill.


BTW Mike i didn't pick A Line. I used Voodoo
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything"

Last edited by Charlie D; 09-27-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Charlie D is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #86
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
I know Charlie..

I'm a 90% matcher too...
but I try to help the 10% RDSS questions too

I go both ways

mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #87
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
Voodoo is just using the raw information instead of using the adjusted information.

The essence of both is the MATCH UP.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything"
Charlie D is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #88
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Lets hope so

I would hope Ted could make a newbie area work
I never could . But positive is needed

But lets try to help each other any way we can
Bill V. is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #89
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
I wouldn't bother with a newbie area. Probably better to just let new students of the methodology (Match Up) post the questions/queries and admin move that question/query to the appropriate forum should that be needed.

ie: newbie posts methodology query in PaceandCap discussion. admin moves it to RDSS forum.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything"

Last edited by Charlie D; 09-27-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Charlie D is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #90
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Mike

Mike here is your pace line race
With Basic best of last three Pace lines
Attached Images
     
Bill V. is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Howard was ahead of his time Tim Y General Discussion 31 09-30-2009 03:04 PM
How Important is TIME? For The Lead RDSS 3 09-24-2009 10:46 PM
Time Bill V. General Discussion 0 08-07-2009 05:24 AM
Beaten by a Nose, 85% of the time, Why? pktruckdriver General Discussion 24 07-01-2009 09:09 AM
Time to Pause/Recharge! Ted Craven RDSS 0 12-30-2008 05:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.