Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #51
atkinsrr
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 507
Hey Ted, will there be any downloading problems for the derby with RDSS 1 this year ??
I downloaded ok last year but couldn't enter all the horses at once...think it was 14
Randy A.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #52
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Randy,

RDSS1 will be the same as it always was with 20 horses (i.e. not great). RDSS2, on the other hand, loads the last 2 years just fine.

I have just added to the RDSS Example Database section a database containing 2011 and 2012 Derby Day card (all races) at Churchill.

Check it out: www.rdss2.com/example-databases

Randy, why not upgrade to RDSS2? I don't think there's anything missing now that was there in RDSS1.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #53
Giahorse
OC
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 61
Last 2 years

Looking at the last 2 Derbys, it seems that the winners of the last 2 are on the bottom of the program, was anyone able to rate them higher on RDSS2?
__________________
Some will, Some wont, so what, Next
Giahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #54
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Well, you certainly have to do some filtering. For starters, try keeping only Grade 1 or Grade 2 Stakes 1st or 2nd place finishers in the current year. That usually cuts out a lot of the noise. For 2012, I admit, that only helps a little bit ... I was certainly nowhere close to I'll Have Another.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-29-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #55
Giahorse
OC
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Well, you certainly have to do some filtering. For starters, try keeping only Grade 1 or Grade 2 Stakes 1st or 2nd place finishers in the current year. That usually cuts out a lot of the noise. For 2012, I admit, that only helps a little bit ... I was certainly nowhere close to I'll Have Another.

Ted
Ted I thought years ago Sartin said to only use horse that where 1st or 2nd in a Grade 1 race, so its deff grade 1 or 2???
__________________
Some will, Some wont, so what, Next
Giahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #56
trotman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 259
Giahorse don't knock yourself out trying to hit the Derby winner. This might sound aloof but unless you find a horse that makes you then take a pass. This one race will not make your year, yet year in year out as in the BC so much effort is expended just to say you had the winner. The bottom line is did you get the cash. Sure the pool on the Derby is good so try looking at the race as do you have a horse that has a lot going for it, if your gut says make the bet, go for it and win or lose remember you had a horse in your mind that had a lot going for it, it's one race in one day, period. As Ted said it didn't matter last year how much you filtered he couldn't come to IHA so what the software is a tool, nothing more nothing less.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
trotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #57
atkinsrr
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 507
Hello all, working on the Derby with hand entry Synthesis...need some comments on ORB.
His Fla Derby line throws him out 83 sr 13 tv.. 150.4 but his second line puts him #1 BLBL AT
A MILE AND 1/16TH 100 SR 4 TV...what's puzzling is that 4 races before the Fla Derby
Dreaming of Julia runs same distance in 148.4 93 sr 13-tv... Synthesis threw out that line ...her line 2 showed up better Did this filly just freak out or is she better than the colts that ran that day???....just thinking...comments please
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #58
atkinsrr
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 507
Hey Giahorse..what Trotman says is true...I've been betting this derby for years and it's usually the toughest race of the year to get...over the years I've hit my share and lost my share of them. My best advice is get into the pic 3 and/or pic 4 leading into the derby where you can spread 4, 5, 6, horses if that's what it takes...usually I have at least 3 win bets and there have been a few times where I have bet 4 horses to win. That's how I hit GO FOR GIN, WAR EMBLEM, LILY E TEE. The closest I've come to a single (betting only 2 horses to win) were Street Sense, Silver Charm, Funny Cide, Grindstone. Just remember profit is the name of the game and each race gives us different types of betting opportunities..but this race can be a nightmare...people usually don't agree with me but betting multiple horses in the derby win pool is much better than betting a single...you may be in love with one but have a couple back ups...one thing for sure..you're gonna get a price !!!! good skills
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #59
atkinsrr
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Randy,

RDSS1 will be the same as it always was with 20 horses (i.e. not great). RDSS2, on the other hand, loads the last 2 years just fine.

I have just added to the RDSS Example Database section a database containing 2011 and 2012 Derby Day card (all races) at Churchill.

Check it out: www.rdss2.com/example-databases

Randy, why not upgrade to RDSS2? I don't think there's anything missing now that was there in RDSS1.

Ted
Think I will but I'll wait until my computer guy is here next week..I can be computer illiterate at times and Don't want to screw it up..he can help me....
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #60
trotman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 259
Did you know that this 1st Saturday in May is the biggest day dollar volume of hawkers of tips (selections), statistical papers, systems and new handicapping software sales prior to the day and beats the BC by 2/3rds. That pretty much tells me the search for the winner is the be all and end all and the big winners are none other than the pushers of this crap.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
trotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kentucky Derby Mrbill Selections 15 05-09-2012 10:26 PM
RDSS1 and the Kentucky Derby Ted Craven RDSS 11 05-04-2012 07:32 PM
Kentucky Derby - Saturday Ted Craven Kentucky Derby Weekend & Cheering on the RDSS Teams in the P.A.I.H.L. Contest Finale 16 05-07-2011 01:04 PM
RDSS & Kentucky Derby Ted Craven RDSS 0 04-29-2010 07:22 AM
Release Notes - Version 0.98.7 Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 2 07-17-2009 11:09 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.