|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ... |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#41 |
|
AlwNW3X
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 44
|
Unfortunately I having an issue with the Snip tool. Though I bet Saratoga Race 1. Paceline selection was the top pacelines for my contenders which it had the highest speed ratings. My selections in order was numbers 7, 6, 1, 3 & 8. Finish was 7 1 for a 70 exacta for two dollars.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
|
Thanks Eric
If you don't mind, what screens did you use. If it is a problem that is ok, I understand. Jeff |
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
AlwNW3X
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 44
|
Jeff, I use the Energy Generator, Entropy, Preplay & Phase 1 screens in conjunction with each other. Never cared about the Thoromation screen where the horses are animated. I pay attention to the Muv on the Sort screen. That's about it. Another thing I generally will the use latest pace line if its a plus race. No need to go any further in my opinion. Yes, Doc gave "excuses" to look further if necessary but if I believe the last plus pace line is "representative" for todays race I use it. Stop looking for the horse best race.
Eric |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
|
Thanks a lot Eric for a further explanation how you do things
Jeff |
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
AlwNW3X
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 44
|
Jeff, I’m glad you started this thread. It’s been great for me to formalize some of my thoughts and feelings of the methodology. Sometimes I don’t believe we give enough thought to passing races. The methodology is not applicable to many races in my opinion. Food for thought.
Eric |
|
|
|
|
|
#46 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 450
|
Quote:
It seems to be an art form, not a science. Experience and practice are going to be required to master it. I think Eric is absolutely correct on this. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
|
Thanks Eric and Dan,
I agree 100% and remembering in my younger days when I would go to bet a certain horse and by the time the race came up be almost tapped out. I wasn't around the early stages of the methodology so like hearing the old stories back then. Jeff |
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
AlwNW3X
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 44
|
Jeff, just a suggestion, I think it would be wise to use the library. There is a wealth of material. The past four months I’ve READ (not skimmed) all of the follow ups from issue 28 to the last. There was so much I forgotten and now have assisted myself immensely. You mentioned Handicapping Magic, practically everything in that book was from early Sartin. PBS and PPF ratings were developed during Pizzolla time in the methodology. In his book he called PBS, Pace Balanced Speed. If you read some of the earlier Follow Ups, they were called Pizzolla Bradshaw Sartin numbers. The excuses he used to open up the form cycles windows were from the Paceline manual.
Eric |
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
|
Eric
Thanks I appreciate the suggestion, Dan has mentioned the same the same thing to me. I liked the way Pizzolla opened up the PP'S on horses, shame he passed away. Jeff |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Paceline Selection - some observation | Jeebs | Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) | 16 | 04-04-2017 04:19 PM |
| Question on Paceline Selection - DMR0828 R2 | kpmats10 | Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) | 5 | 09-09-2016 08:29 AM |
| Paceline Selection | Ted Craven | RDSS | 4 | 01-27-2011 01:41 PM |
| Paceline Selection Strategies | Ted Craven | RDSS | 5 | 09-30-2010 01:48 PM |
|