Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #21
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Screen 9 Results

The results of this race. I did not pick or override any paclines selected by the program. This program could only work better if you put some thought and time in your contender and paceline selections. All the tools are here to do this with this really powerful program. Again thanks Jim Bradshaw and Randy for creating a really nice program that still works to this day. Megachex with Superchex on had all 4 horses in it's top 4.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Houndog; 06-29-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:17 PM   #22
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Houndog,Nice job as always Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #23
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless
Houndog,Nice job as always Jeff
Jeff, I did nothing in this race but download the file from BRIS and let the program pick the pacelines. It also had 2 easy winners on top that did not pay as well but in these races it eliminated many of the horses on it's own. I am not saying this is a magic box, but sometimes it get's close. It also had several other winners in the top 3. It really amazes me sometimes that posters on other BBS boards knock this program so much.

I know that the AODDS Silver program from Bris is missing the Final Screen and the Megachex and Superchex screen. Maybe the knocks are coming from this more limited version of AODDS. AODDS Silver still let's you select lines and save them to be used by other Sartin Programs. It also has the Auto-Block feature as well. AODDS Silver Plus is still available as a free download, although Bris does not advertise it.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #24
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Just Stating Facts

My post and examples on Aodds Gold was not meant to be boastful, or to prove how smart or stupid I am. This was really brought on by some posts I read on other bulletin boards. Without naming names it seems are work here is outdated, irrelevant, and does not work anymore. The concepts that Doc Sartin brought forth years ago are as relevant today as they ever were.

Some people have been trying to re-write the Sartin Methodology and make it their own. I have heard relevations from some people that has been common knowledge to people familiar with the Sartin Methodology for years. Instead of trying to rewrite history by putting their own spin on things I wish they would write their own history, and then they can call it whatever Methodology they want.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
dugoutgold
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 206
Nice job Dog! The reason on other bbs that they knock the program is that they just didnt get the idea that it wasnt a one screen whos the top horse type program, wait till you start using the auto modeler, best feature of the program!
dugoutgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:25 AM   #26
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Auto Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugoutgold
Nice job Dog! The reason on other bbs that they knock the program is that they just didnt get the idea that it wasnt a one screen whos the top horse type program, wait till you start using the auto modeler, best feature of the program!
With the auto modeler are you entering your results manually? I have tried different results files from Bris and the conversion program included with the program (results.exe) does not convert them properly. I think maybe Bris might have changed the file structure for the flash charts since then. If you are able to get this conversion program to work I was wondering if you have any ideas in this area.

Gary gave me some ideas, but he is running Aodds Gold 98, and I am running Aodds Gold 5.5 (DOS). Any suggestions in this area would be helpful. Thanks-----Houndog.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:52 AM   #27
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Aodds Gold vs Aodds Silver

Without the Final Handcapping Screen, and the Superchex and Megachex modules the winner Brassie Prince does not rate as highly in Aodds Silver. This may not be a problem if you are just using Aodds to get your contenders and pacelines to be used by other Sartin Programs (Energy, Thoromation, etc).

I think it might be a problem if you use Aodds Silver as a standalone handicapping program which does not have the additional screens and modules.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #28
JoeLong
Grade 3
 
JoeLong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog
Without the Final Handcapping Screen, and the Superchex and Megachex modules the winner Brassie Prince does not rate as highly in Aodds Silver. This may not be a problem if you are just using Aodds to get your contenders and pacelines to be used by other Sartin Programs (Energy, Thoromation, etc).

I think it might be a problem if you use Aodds Silver as a standalone handicapping program which does not have the additional screens and modules.
Hi Houndog,

Agreed, for comparison, would it be possible to show us how Energy handled the pacelines that Aodds selected? The reason I ask is because I am considering moving my Energy paceline selector from Speed+ to Aodds, it appears to be a simpler method.

JoeLong
JoeLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #29
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Will do it both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLong
Hi Houndog,

Agreed, for comparison, would it be possible to show us how Energy handled the pacelines that Aodds selected? The reason I ask is because I am considering moving my Energy paceline selector from Speed+ to Aodds, it appears to be a simpler method.

JoeLong
Joe, I will do this A.S.A.P. I will use the pacelines selected with Superchex-Off and Superchex-On. I will not override any of the pacelines, but I am sure this is not the way to go.I think you can only expect so much when you try to have the program select pacelines for you. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I will just try to keep the top 5 Superchex Horses to put in the Energy Program.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #30
dugoutgold
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 206
Hi again Dog, Guess what ? I have 98 here too, hmmm I wondering if you could get ahold of someone at Bris who is in tech support? Perhaps they know a way to conert the files.
dugoutgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aodds Super Gold 98 For Windows Baffalator Matchup Discussion 23 09-18-2012 04:17 PM
AODDS Silver for older programs Houndog Velocity Programs 1 09-10-2011 09:29 PM
Energy - Everything Old is New Again JoeLong Velocity Programs 23 03-12-2007 06:47 AM
a odds gold and the matchup explained dugoutgold Matchup Discussion 5 05-16-2006 06:49 PM
AODDS Silver Procedure Houndog Velocity Programs 2 04-06-2006 09:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.