Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #11
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
I agree wholeheartedly. I look at the PERFORMER not a PERFORMANCE because STYLES are relative not absolute
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #12
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
in the last race today I will make my wagering decsions on this screen.
Attached Images
 
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompkins
in the last race today I will make my wagering decsions on this screen.
I appreciate that Tim..

2 of the 3 biggest late sticks run 1-2 for the exacta.

9 wins
4 runs second

knock em dead manana!

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #14
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
it is ALL relative every race, every day. To attribute an outcome to a single line is FRAUGHT with error and it won't stand the test of time
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #15
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
whats my line ?

Winner Race 9 with the 2nd and 3rd line
Attached Images
 
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #16
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompkins
it is ALL relative every race, every day. To attribute an outcome to a single line is FRAUGHT with error and it won't stand the test of time
lol. The test of time. How long is "the test of time"??

BTW I bet and lost real money on those 2 counterenergy races I posted up man. Was no day in the park for me today at the Big A and I HAD a clue what was gonna win.

thats ok. A nice plate of cavatelli, some collards, a little meat sauce and a salad and I am ready to work the night cards. Tally ho!

tough game

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #17
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
I dont see how you can put line 2 in there for that horse,it was in the mud and lost the race by 28 lenghts.To me it looks like you are just causing a problem by putting in horses who make a lot of noise in your readouts.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Winner Race 9 with the 2nd and 3rd line

whats wrong with the last line Tim?

WTF am I missing.

SEE thats why u have to do stuff on your OWN. That includes ME posting my model shots AND opinions of what won yesterday and today at the 8f distance. MY BAD.

NO MAS

luv
Richie

Last edited by RichieP; 03-30-2006 at 06:31 PM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #19
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
Whats my line?

Rich
Please
You know why I posted the screenshot
Its like 5.30 on the east coast
wait for our frends all over see the Pacelines
I bet you will feel better

Last edited by admin; 03-30-2006 at 06:41 PM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #20
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
two words: SAMPLE ERROR.

Imagine that I am scouting a basketball player, and only watch ONE game where, unbeknownst to me, he suffers an ankle sprain the day before. I get a skewed undertstanding of the PLAYER based upon a single PERFORMANCE.

Now if I watched that same player over 3 to 4 contests, sample error would have worked it's way out of the evaluation and I would be seeing the PPERFORMER not the PERFORMANCE.

To understand a horse's abilities today, you should evalute it based upon MULTIPLE examples or, like the basketball player, you are prone to sample error. Also the FORM CYCLE wil tell you which way, if it any, this particular horse is going.

Unless the animal sets every fraction, you need to know how it handled pace pressure. Look at MOST EVERY horse: their style, e/l ranking, total energy wax and wane. To establish a wagering decision on a single line is not logical.
__________________
velocititian

Last edited by tompkins; 03-30-2006 at 06:40 PM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.