Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > October Contest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

October Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 10-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Midland333
Buffalo NY

Px result

Loss

Theres something to be said about instincts( been there felt it before ) and learn to walk away from a race.
I told myself a dozen times before this race to let it go it didnt feel right--I think Doc addressed that a few times.

I changed my bet late, was going to cancel, then I felt the need for action and put the bet in with no confidence.

In a funny way I've saved so much more money walking away then forcing a bet.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't of made the bet if I was playing with real money---with so many races to choose from theres no reason to force a bet---you'll know it when you feel it. Forcing bets years ago came from a lack of access to race cards etc. but that rush of putting a bet in and watching the race still pulls me back in.

I'm sure I'll never do it again!!!!!! Well maybe not!!!
Midland333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
Midland333
Buffalo NY

Bill

Bill
I have no good reason to sell you on the race in general other than I bet the race out of boredom and a horrible play all around.
The horse your talking about is a cronic in the money horse that would fit for tri's etc
Sorry I cant help with a good answer but the whole scenario was an abortion----Look at the way I wrote my bet change---looks like a madman made it with this being his last race to bet ever.
Just put a line through the whole thing.
Mike
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
Bill V.
The egg man

Mike

Hi Mike
My top 3 in the race were the 11 4 8 and 7
I went with the 11 and 4 so I lost the race too

I didn't like the 8 but had it won at the 7/2 odds it went off
at I would have figured It had something other than
what I look for and that would be that.
I saw you originally had it as a $80 win bet so I threw out my
question .

I am doing very poorly myself in the contest
I wonder if going back to allowing bindge wagering would make the
contest more exciting. or is seeing and correcting errors more helpful
I have asked this question in emails but as usuual I was ignored

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
Midland333
Buffalo NY

Bill

I personally think its important to question why certain pace lines are chosen---more the better but very few of us get involved including myself. I especially enjoy the little quotes you add in from the past Sartin
stories.

I dont know whats going on but way to many losses from to many of us this month. Horses tend to get tired at this time of the season sometimes so fresh horses need to be considered especially at WB. Cool weather really helps certain horses who die in the heat.

I'm also surprised that more players dont get involved---its well run--nice little prizes---fun action that cost very little---knowledge and its all good.
I tend to see value in low odds as well as higher odds and pressing for a star throws me off a bit but thats good also as I need to streach the odds higher than I do---but also value doesnt mean much if you dont win and your just hopeing you can get a break on the bet. Its a fine line and its a personal thing---I'll take a bunch of singles and have my head in a good place rather than having to go six or eight races to hit a home run---both work well for different people and styles but at the end of the day its about WINNING---5-2 OR 8-1 you still have to WIN!!!!! and that takes care of everything.

I say keep correcting and more of it Bill---and lots of condensed articles from Doc as reminders---and lets get more players in this group then you can have more headaches!
So my goal in the next 12 plays is to go 8 for 12 and lets see you do the same thing.

Finally, its good to see some of the players doing so much better in the last couple months--its noticeable. This program RDSS is a good sound handicapping method that almost puts you in the game every race--I'm so happy to have it and especially knowing that its not going to hit a wall but is really just beginning and thats EXCITING and I'm gratful to have it.
Thats it for now over and out.......
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
Bill V.
The egg man

additions

Thanks Mike
I really am happy you wrote that last post

I try to stay positive but I do get discourage when I'm left alone
on an island

I think the blue stars are a good step
but I will be expanding the concept to reward those who
would rather bet more money on lower price horses
How about this ?
In November
maybe an idea would be a blue star for win/place prices
over $9.00
and a gold star for any bet that shows a greater than $100 profit

for example today Barb had $50 win/place bet on a $6.60 horse.
She collected $272.50. So her profit in the race was $172.00
in this case she would get a gold star

just an idea !
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
Midland333
Buffalo NY

bill

I like your idea on the star system but I have a bias for lower priced horses than most----and thats why a nice bet that Barb made yesterday also desrves credit. It wasnt a $20 horse but I bet Barb would tell you it still felt pretty good and moved her right up the ladder in the contest---we all want good prices but I beleive there's a place for a good solid $40/$60 bet on a lower priced horse----at the end of the day the bottom line is that you have to win races---- low odds or high odds. Winning keeps you grounded mentally----- keeps your confidence up----keeps you more logical and simply keeps you fired up to move forward with confidence regarding the program.
I dream of $18. horses but I have to tell you that I also feel good about putting a $100. on a 5-2 horse and it wins. Yes, I understand VALUE and I also understand what I does to my mindset to go 6 or eight races chasing for one.
It's personal for all of us but bunts and singles keep me in a better place mentally with the occasional $10---$18 horse every once in a while for a bonus. VALUE AND FAVORITES MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNLESS YOU WINNNNNNNNN and then that takes care of everything.

So Bill I think there is a place( star) for what I consider a GREAT bet like Barb made and I'd also suggest a purple heart(lol) to anyone in our little club that has the courage to make a single $100. WIN bet on any horse that shows the biggest return---Call it the Conviction Award!!!!! If one is serious about winning the contest it takes a bit of guts to do because if it misses you pay the price not covering youself with a cover bet for place.

We all find our comfort spots and how we can personally keep in the game financially------finally I want to mention I've lost the last 5 races Ive bet to win with real money on lower priced horses----- last night at MTN. I made a $20 win bet I think the 8th race and it paid $20---so go figure!!!!!!!
Got me mixed up like a hounds breakfast.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #17
Midland333
Buffalo NY

Wb 10/17

All bets at WB and not confident about any of them but in need of some action----sounds like a guy Doc needed to work with!!!!

WB 10/17

Race#1 Horse#1---$60 win #5------$40 win

Race#2 Horse#9---$60 Win #7------$40 win

Race#3 Horse#1----$20 Win/$80 Place

Race#4 Horse#7----$40 win/$60 place

Name:  wb10171.PNG
Views: 203
Size:  50.8 KB
Old 10-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #18
Midland333
Buffalo NY