Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
JimG
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 992
Ted,

I misread what I quoted earlier, thinking you went below the top three, after hides, often and it confused me some. However, I am glad I did misread because your two replies were truly excellent and show you make a great teacher. I learned so much from that.

Jim

PS: I am sending you an email on another matter. Thanks.
JimG is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #12
raceman5
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Largo Fl.
Posts: 2,363
Question

for Bill V. So Bill does that mean when u are using spec and choosing a paceline from the last 3 you will use a horse beaten by more than 7.50 lengths? And will you also be choosing pacelines where the horses SR is out of wack? I know in Val4 u never used a horse beaten by more than 7.50 lengths and never chose a paceline where the horses SR is not in line with his other races.

Bob
raceman5 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Hello Bob

Great questions

I stay with lines beaten less than 7.5 I'm just so used to it
Its a habit. I always begin picking lines for horse in a race
using a beginning target speed rating of 80 . I begin with the top 3
class rating horses and morning line favorites. Usually from these horses
I get a good target speed rating number. This target speed rating can be more or less than 80 depending on the race class. I work at using the taget number of the contenders close together.

Anyhow I try to keep as close as I can to the 80 or whatever target speed rating and using lines less than 7.5 in Spec or Val 4 mode

Good Skill
Bill V.
Bill V. is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
raceman5
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Largo Fl.
Posts: 2,363
Thanks Bill,

So in the above race which Ted did you would have not have entered the 1 horse Maxime because the 3rd line down that Ted used the horse was beaten by 10.50 lengths?

Bob
raceman5 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
Thanks Bill,

So in the above race which Ted did you would have not have entered the 1 horse Maxime because the 3rd line down that Ted used the horse was beaten by 10.50 lengths?

Bob
If you have to stick to some arbitrary and UNFOUNDED limit of 7.5 lengths you will miss a tremendous number of improving earlies I GUARANTEE IT
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
raceman5
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Largo Fl.
Posts: 2,363
I realize that Tim, i have had a great meeting at Tampa this yr betting maidens with improving early pace figures, i have nailed 30,40,80 and 100.00 horses using this method.

Bob
raceman5 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Feelings hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
Thanks Bill,

So in the above race which Ted did you would have not have entered the 1 horse Maxime because the 3rd line down that Ted used the horse was beaten by 10.50 lengths?

Bob
Hello Bob

I would not have entered line 3 because of the BL over 7.5 . I would not have worked the race at all
I see two first time starters, a Sartin Methodology no no. Plus I see like 4 other horses with less than 3 pacelines A Doc and Aline Best no no
Tim and Ted are excellent users and way smarter than me
I would have either been looking at another race or getting a bite to eat

There are many ways to win. I stopped trying to win races like this years ago
I am funny in this way. If I bet this race I would have lost. Now I am in a
funk because I lost money and I lost because I bet a race I had no business
being in in the first place. I do a lot of self analysis and I have no confidence in races like this so I stay away

GS
Bill
Bill V. is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 04:44 AM   #18
Buzz
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 48
4th+ BL/BLs

Ted,

Thanks for your in depth explaination of using BL/BL and VDC.

I have one question.

What do you mean by the designation " 4th+ BL/BLs " ?

Buzz
Buzz is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
If you have to stick to some arbitrary and UNFOUNDED limit of 7.5 lengths
The creator and originator of the formulas programmed in Validator told Bill to follow his instructions including staying out of races like the one folks made a terrific hit on here. Bill follows simple instructions from the Methodologies creator.

His instruction of sticking to 7.5 of less blf when using Validator was not unfounded in any way/shape/form. It came from dozens of testers and hundreds if not thousands of races worked. Bill follows simple instructions from the Methodologies creator.

Howard's instructions worked back in the late 90's when Val was issued and it continues to work today. Bill posted for all to see that he made a profit in 2008 for the full YEAR following Howard's instructions to a "T".

VERY few horse players can say the same thing.

__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #20
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Well put Lil Bro,hope the back is feeling better and tell Mom hi
shoeless is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday, February 15, 2009 clore1030 Selections 42 02-16-2009 06:06 AM
spec error message-help needed horsestuff Speculator 2 01-04-2009 06:39 PM
Coffee Grinder Dark Roast RDSS 35/1 Bill V. RDSS 8 10-09-2008 08:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.