|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#11 |
|
Match Up Apprentice
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
|
Like i say guys it's hard to give feedback not seeing ALL PP, but IF#3, #2 and #8 are out of form
Who becomes the "true" win contenders here The#1 and the #4
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything" |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
|
Here are the PPs for the race. A couple of notes:
It appears I selected a "MatchUP" pace line deeper in the PPs if the horse has been running somewhat competitively in his more recent races. I projected the pace from the last race of the #3 horse where he was 2nd by a head at the first call. (I didn't keep the last pace line for the #3 because the 4th and 5th lines also matched up and he won both of those races--you might disagree with this. Also, his last line rated very poorly in BL/BL. In other words, I felt I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.) Originally I selected many pace lines for multiple horses and reduced down to the ones in the opening post. My lines might not be your lines. Some of the horses didn't really match up at all to the first fraction, but if, in my opinion, they would have had a rateable line vis-a-vis the "Sartin criteria" I threw them in anyway. I wanted to have more horses to "look at" vis-a-vis the BL/BL screen, and for now that is one of the important distinctions that I'm trying to make. To wit: the 4 and the 8 don't match up but are rated 2nd and 3rd (with my lines) on the BL/BL screen. This is what I found interesting and worthy of further discussion. More observation is needed of course, but I value the crosssection of opinion. Now whether or not I would have had the 1 or the 3 in the actual race is debatable and also grounds for discussion. Feel free to chime in on both situations. Don't worry about sidetracking the thread. Sometimes some very valuable insights can be gained when a thread goes off on a tangent as long as it doesn't degenerate into a Bush vs Obama type of thing...
Last edited by Turbulator; 08-16-2008 at 06:53 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
|
The #8 horse.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Match Up Apprentice
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
|
Hi Turbulator
#1 Look at Line # 3 1c matches, 2call quicker - (3.6 lengths) Straight 70.8 (Internal 6f time) 45.5 + (0.2*3.6) = 46.2 It's LOOMING UP at me from of the page #1 is in front of your pace horse at the 2c, #3 is running slower because he's out of form, something is amiss, chuck the #3
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything" Last edited by Charlie D; 08-16-2008 at 07:54 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Match Up Apprentice
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
|
Remember Digger
http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4329 I missed the Internal 6f The internal 6f time from Saratoga put him ahead of any other horse, including my selection the #6
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything" |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
|
Quote:
Thanks, Steve |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
|
Paceless race example
This is an earlier thread regarding a paceless race:
http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2567&page=3 Rich laid out the race and then Hat commented on page 7: http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2567&page7 Hope that helps... |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
|
Quote:
http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2567&page=7 |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Matchup Cd's / Webinar cancelled - Please read | RichieP | Matchup Discussion | 57 | 06-20-2012 02:45 PM |
| Matchup Webinar - Saturday October 18th 2008 | RichieP | Matchup Discussion | 31 | 08-08-2008 07:56 AM |
| Unusual Pace Matchup Questions Closers | horsecharles | Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum | 0 | 08-05-2008 11:15 PM |
| Unusual Pace Matchup Questions Frontrunners | horsecharles | Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum | 0 | 08-05-2008 10:43 PM |
|