Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Sorry to miss you Hoof. I hope they don't disrespect us this weekend. Likely playing more than WO races anyway.

On the road to Toronto now. Looking forward to seeing old and new friends.

Still room for anyone who wants to join us!

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Gill

Hi Gill

I am sorry you will not be there. Your heart aches are understood.
I have never met you, but I consider you a friend, Whenever I do a race from
Woodbine I think about what you have shown here at Pace and Cap.
I always think of Woodbine as "Hoofs" track

I hope you are not too turned off, There are many tracks to use your skills with. You are an ace.
So save your time and value your ability to see and support your friends
Woodbine is just a track, There are so many opportunities at other tracks
But being able to spend times with such good friends as you have at Pace and cap is here for you NOW.
I wish I could be there but I have to be ready at a moments notice to see
mom in New Jersey
I will be able to make it to Del Mar in a couple weeks

Be well Gill
Keep you positives
Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 08-12-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #13
Bill Lyster
Grade 1
 
Bill Lyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
Hope you guys have a great day. In the fifth race I like the 1 x 5 box exactor!

Good luck to all,
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Here we are at Woodbine, rains have blown through (so far) and it is again bright and HOT! Waiting for whomever to arrive, but had a nice handicapping session this morning with Mum, Charlie/Gandalf and Mick.

We're in the Champions lounge, 4th floor,west side, on the outdoor patio. Look for the computers and piles of (winning) tickets!

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #15
The Pook
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Loretto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,796
Hi Ted,

I am hoping to show up by the 7th or 8th race.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #16
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Interesting day as it rained so hard at times I thought we might have to cancel. Off the turf with 2 contests BUT the area really needed the rain. Good thing as it broke the heat wave we've had in town the last 10 days and NO ONE around will miss that humidity.

Add to the fact that the air conditioning was OFF in parts of the press box and it was a real challenge to crawl up on the roof race to race...but was able to take most of the assembled crowd up to watch how a race is recorded on the photo finish cameras.

I always found it instructive to learn how "things behind the scenes work" and hope that all found it the same way. IF we had more time, would have gone through the Hall of Fame downstairs and suggest that the crowd look around there on the way out. Particularly look up a standardbred in the legends area called The Ghost (ALSO another one called The Eel). Most do not know that there was serious ICE RACING here in Ontario up to the 20's and he held several world records. On that same wall is a fellow who Owned, Trained, Bred and RODE colts in the Plate over the years....can't recall his name tight now. Like so many others, those people or horses involved in the Plate have large purple stickers on their panels. He is about 3 or 4 panels to the RIGHT of the Ghost on the back wall of the Legends.
http://horseracinghalloffame.com/2003/11/01/the-ghost/

I Nominated one of my all time favorites Exterminator (and went to visit his grave in New York on the way back from this year's Belmont) and he got in as a legend. Before I patted myself on the back, I realized that he had been on the ballot several times before my epiphany however. Still a deserving choice.

The Hall is at the WESTERN ENTRANCE to the grandstand and you can wonder around there on your way out or way in.

Also make sure to read about the wonderful Mildred Williams who broke the sex barrier being the country's FIRST and one of the best standardbred drivers. She attended, almost until her death, a memorial race held each year in her honor.
http://horseracinghalloffame.com/201...dred-williams/

Someone remind me of the fellow's name who invited me to look him up if I am ever in Memphis so I can stay in touch with him. Thanks.
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Thanks Tim for a great tour of the behind the scenes workings! Now I know what it is you do there - finish line cameras, reporting of order of finish and beaten lengths. Also, thanks for pointing out the Equibase and Trakus personnel working away at their jobs, and the discussion on timing inadequacies, imperfections in the whole operation.

I have lots of photos from yesterday and this morning at the workouts (always invigorating) - but alas my camera seems to be resisting connecting to my computer right now, so I'll add those later.

Some of us are heading back again today for another try, working various tracks including Woodbine. Should be a dry day, sunny clear, hot, as recently here.

More later!

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Barb C, Missy B, Charlie B, Mick

Name:  meetup.png
Views: 346
Size:  482.4 KB

Barb the workout photographer!
Name:  mum.works.png
Views: 316
Size:  370.0 KB
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
barb craven
Grade 1
 
barb craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
I think I can speak for all of us and say that a good time was had by all, even though today we all failed in our attempt at winning a pick 4 here at Woodbine.

I found Tim Y's tour yesterday of his domain was extremely interesting. What a view from the top!

I'm afraid I only have pictures taken this morning at the workouts. Ted has more of the group.

Name:  from the gate small.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  337.2 KB

Name:  grey small.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  380.7 KB
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #20
barb craven
Grade 1
 
barb craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
Name:  barb small.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  347.5 KB
__________________
Listen...Learn...Stay Safe.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turf Timing at Woodbine Ted Craven General Discussion 30 08-04-2016 10:32 PM
Woodbine Gettogether 8/22 Ted Craven General Discussion 11 08-28-2015 05:22 PM
Wednesday Night at Woodbine Aug 13/14 Hoof 11 Selections 2 08-13-2014 06:57 PM
Barb C 80th Birthday Bash - Woodbine May 10 Ted Craven General Discussion 35 05-13-2014 01:25 PM
Morning Workout Photos - Woodbine Ted Craven General Discussion 4 08-28-2010 05:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.