Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
davesnew
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 68
paceline

I pretty much do as this post says. For me it simplifies picking the paceline because what I have found is if I don't have a consistent method I start "outguessing" myself on what line to use. There are times I get so wound up in the right paceline I never get the race handicapped. The race runs and I am still sitting there debating if I am using the correct line or not. The only thing I have noticed in these threads is not much is talked about for qualified workouts. I use 90 days unless there has been a qualified workout.
DaveS
davesnew is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
And in the End

So one of you "Had to laugh" when I said
There are no right or wrong answers

Thank you Ted and everybody for all your input It was very entertaining
and helped me
Bill V. is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
I don't think there can be a right way Bill because horses are not machines and horse races are not mechanical processes as stated.


Look at the PP of the horse you posted and you'll see different POR's, different Positions and different Speedfigures. But most important i think you see a horse reacting differently to the PACE OF THE RACE.


Aoto selection of Line 1 may be totally irrelevant, so may the use of best of last 3 and every other automated Paceline selection process all because of TODAYS Pace of Race Match Up.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything"

Last edited by Charlie D; 09-25-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Charlie D is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
I don't think there can be a right way Bill because horses are not machines and horse races are not mechanical processes as stated.


Look at the PP of the horse you posted and you'll see different POR's, different Positions and different Speedfigures. But most important i think you see a horse reacting differently to the PACE OF THE RACE.


Aoto selection of Line 1 may be totally irrelevant, so may the use of best of last 3 and every other automated Paceline selection process all because of TODAYS Pace of Race Match Up.
And yet...rigorous paceline selection (fully or semi-automatic) and non-contender elimination, and wager selection often involving multiple bets (e.g. 2 horses) often leads to consistent hits and positive ROI.

Go figure. It just works. As does the visual Match Up, for those who can apply it.

This is the RDSS Forum. RDSS can use a fairly automated paceline selection strategy outlined by Doc in later Follow Ups and various variations thereof. RDSS is also the way Richie presented almost all of the Match Up teaching material in the Hat Check Forum, with Jim Bradshaw's blessing. The colour coding, Tandem presentation, moves against the pace, etc. And more to come.

I'm away for 3 days. Please everyone play nice in the meantime...

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Winners auto pacelines

From Doc running on automation

Name:  F61.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  121.7 KB
Name:  F62.JPG
Views: 635
Size:  106.7 KB


From inside back cover of Follow Up 71
Name:  winner.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  62.4 KB
Bill V. is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
So one of you "Had to laugh" when I said
There are no right or wrong answers

Thank you Ted and everybody for all your input It was very entertaining
and helped me
Well, let me step right up to the plate!

The least you could do is NOT quote me out of context.

What I said was, "I have to laugh at the phrase “there is no right or wrong”. While one may subscribe to that line of thought, there is also the thought, “you can either win or you can lose”.
It’s like playing Blackjack. How can you tell someone who consistently hits their “16” against the dealers “6” that what they are doing is wrong? It’s their money isn’t it? They can do whatever they want, right? But you know they will lose in the end."
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 02:17 AM   #7
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
Just another thought and Ted can remove if he wants because it's Off topic.


If TODAYS Pace of Race has such a massive impact on the outcome of a race. It should follow that Track Profiles are a waste of time and energy as they are irrelevant to TODAYS race.


Maybe thats why The Hat didn't seem to bother with them.


Anyway. Good skill i'll catch up with you all later.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything"
Charlie D is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Mike

Hello from Sioux City Iowa
Just pulled into Truck Stop Heaven -Well thats the name any way

Mike I would use line 3
here is my scren shot I added the Plus Plus with a Zero and Zero ( X= Plus within a Zero)
notations along with a binder box

GS
Bill
Attached Images
 
Bill V. is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Howard was ahead of his time Tim Y General Discussion 31 09-30-2009 03:04 PM
How Important is TIME? For The Lead RDSS 3 09-24-2009 10:46 PM
Time Bill V. General Discussion 0 08-07-2009 05:24 AM
Beaten by a Nose, 85% of the time, Why? pktruckdriver General Discussion 24 07-01-2009 09:09 AM
Time to Pause/Recharge! Ted Craven RDSS 0 12-30-2008 05:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.