Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSSMark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Black Magic

I just got finished watching the DVD for Black Magic and although I realize the main purpose is of it is to sell the program I have to say I was very impressed.I dont have any idea how it works on the actual races themselves but the features on there will certainly help anyone handicapping the races.Jeff

FYI,this is not in any way an advertisement for it just an opinion of what I saw.For a 57 year old broken down candy and tobacco sales rep it's out of my price range.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I just got finished watching the DVD for Black Magic and although I realize the main purpose is of it is to sell the program I have to say I was very impressed.I dont have any idea how it works on the actual races themselves but the features on there will certainly help anyone handicapping the races.Jeff

FYI,this is not in any way an advertisement for it just an opinion of what I saw.For a 57 year old broken down candy and tobacco sales rep it's out of my price range.
Hi Jeff

I believe in you. You just need to find the right door.
I believe that dreams can come true. I'm not saying how well
you can do. I just pray that somehow we can all find that
that our true ability and talents can lead to good things
as long as we keep trying

Each new program and reading about the true winners in this game
could very well be the key to someone finding that door
I appreciate your review and opinions

GS
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Bill,Thanks.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1
 
Jonathan Steele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 471
Jeff,

Hi. Yes, it's very pricey. However, as good as it is, it is not a 'black' box. It still requires human judgement.*

Regards,

Jon

*Just ask Richie.
__________________
"Free your mind and the profits will follow."
Jonathan Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Jeff
The private users group forum is the largest in racing today with well over 300 active members. The owners of "BLAM" as the program is being called are very sharp folks as well as really sincere good guys.

Without giving anything away they have a weekend round table where folks including Michael P gather each weekend morning and discuss and select a few races from across the country that they are looking to wager on. Complete with screen shots, discussions etc. Some MONSTER scores have been posted well in advance of the races including things like whole pool superfecta hits.

Take this for whats it worth:
Regardless of what you hear on boards regarding MP I will tell you this. The man is an absolute winner/pro of the highest caliber and bets more in a day that most of us do in weeks of betting.

My buddy Sammy M is a moderator there and knows more about Pizzolla's programs than anyone except for MP himself.

Jon is right on when he says it is NOT a black box. It is also very expensive outlay to start. After that however the deal for data files/results files unlimited is the best there is in racing imho.

Jeff:
They have an automated line (s) selection in the program. The one that most everyone uses is so far OPPOSITE to your beliefs regarding recency etc you would NEVER be comfortable using it imho.

If there was ever a methodology that fit YOUR ideas regarding much to do with racing it is without question Jim Lehane's Calibration Handicapping. So much so it is scary! As I kept reading the book I kept saying to myself "This is Shoe"

Big bro half the battle is using something that one actually BELIEVES in as far as it's core principals.

That's pretty much it
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Hi Guys,Thanks for the input.I realize it's not a black box and when talking about it I was referring to the features it has.For example the ability to look at races which are being run that fit a special category such as heavy pressure,lone speed etc.Also I think the way he has the early horses,pressers and closers seperated is very easy on the eyes.All in all even though it doesnt spit out winners I feel it's still a top notch program.Jeff


Lil Bro,Just so you know I have eased up on the recency and now do look at all of the pacelines in the pp's.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
JimG
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 992
Richie,

Very nice post. I agree 100% with everything you said about Black Magic, Michael Pizzolla, and it's user base.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Lil Bro,Just so you know I have eased up on the recency and now do look at all of the pacelines in the pp's.
Big bro
I got off the phone with Bill about 30 minutes ago. Told him we had chatted by email couple of times etc.

As soon as talk turned to racing Bill said to me "The Shoe gets the contenders in a race better than anybody. He is unreal"

The truth Jeff. I've seen it too man.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Richie,Thanks to you and Bill for the compliment.I was talking to Pino yesterday about the same thing how I can get the winner in the top 3 to 4 most of the time.My only problem is being able to seperate the contenders and getting the winner.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
I think if Richie puts his full commitment into the program he will do really well with it,he has the midas touch for that sort of thing.Actually he was the one who got Pino and I started with Synergism 2.When we were playing the races together with it every minute I would get a ka ching e mail from Richie that he hit another race.I really dont know why he stopped using the program with all the ka chings he was getting.Jeff

Last edited by shoeless; 08-10-2008 at 07:51 PM.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 PM.