|
The one exception I would add is that when the race in which the 3 year old maiden claiming winner next competes in is for "3 year olds only", it can compete at the full claiming price of that race. IE, a MC25000 winner can next compete in a C25000 for "3 year olds only".
I would use the same approach for 4 year old maiden claiming winners going into a "4 year old only race, although 4 year old and older mcl winners are a much rarer occurrence, at least on the larger circuits.
Against 3 and up or 4 and up, I would agree that about half the maiden claiming price is about right as a guideline. If going into a conditional claimer, ex. C12500N2L, which are becoming more popular even on the major circuits, I might loosen up the guideline a bit, but that's just a matter of experience on your circuit.
|