|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
| Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#11 |
|
The egg man
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
|
Morning Mike
I did see the race Nice call on the 7 OTE I had a show bet on the 8@ like 30/1
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
|
Mike--
quick question. Do you find the synthetics kinder to the match-up over the dirt? Or is there no difference? |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
|
Quote:
My answer would be yes.... I try to stay with sprints under 7 furs ( no maidens..if I do bet its just a small action bet) what I would do is.. take any track...go to drf.com and look at the pdf results of the past few days(make sure track wasn't off) and try to analyze how the tracks playing cap a day or 2 and just watch.. get a handle on whats going on and then give it a whirl ![]() I'll tell you, I cant do well at all in my home tracks at NY...but maybe because there r easier ones elsewhere gl mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newton, N.J.
Posts: 121
|
Mike,
Great call on the 3. Iboxed my 5 with the 3 for a nice 110.00 exacta. Thanks for your insight it was very helpful for me with the matchup. Ira |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
|
Quote:
![]() i wish I could have play some exactas with my picks here ...but I got burnt so many times in the past one day ![]() mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
|
Guys ...
The match-up isnt that hard if you apply it to certain races... there are plenty of sprints( 5, 5 1/2 , 6 , 6 1/2 ) claiming , allow, races out there..my weakness is routes give it we will never be a genius like the Hat, but we can certainly find races and /or tracks that we can get comfortable with and win.. read The 5 Step Approach label horses E-S-P project 1c and 2c times from the early horses determine if race is "early" or "ote" then eliminate horses that cant win vs the projected times no-form "mars" horses that always come from far out of it I'm sure that you will be left with possibly 2 or 3 horses in each race mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
|
Way to go Mike! This one is a reminder of something posted here many times: You've got to look "left" (on the lead vs 22 and 45) while everyone else is looking "right" (finish position).
You did and nailed it! Great job. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
|
Quote:
as long as "Joe Public" keeps using Beyers ...we'll have the edge ![]() mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
|
Thanks for the response Mike!
Never did well at HOL until they went poly....now I like it. Modeling the track is no problem. I use HTR and with the push of a button I can survey the last 10 winning lines for any dist/surf. I am currently getting back to basics. Used to use pace pretty extensively, moved a bit away from it, but now re-incorporating it back into my style. Hence, you'll see me in and out of discussions and asking questions and reading and re-reading. Appreciate your insights! BOL! -Donnie |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Arlington Saturday Handicapping? | Bill Lyster | General Discussion | 9 | 05-23-2009 05:41 PM |
| Arlington Short Term Track Profile | RichieP | Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum | 5 | 05-18-2009 01:29 PM |
| Breeders Cup Fantasy Challenge | Ted Craven | Selections | 81 | 09-07-2008 02:35 PM |
| Arlington 08-21-08 | Jimbo282 | Selections | 2 | 08-21-2008 05:01 PM |
|