Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Follow Up #4 Race in KGEN/Thoromation

I was asked to work this race which is on page 42 in follow up #4.
There are many excellent teaching lessons about contenders selection
and the match up. In this follow up.

However I feel that the follow ups are not 88 individual instruction manuals.
Were any lesson in a early follow up was meant to be the be all final
lesson. Doc writes in the follow ups that each follow up is a continuation of the previous issues, therefore when Doc says to use the best speed rating of the last three at a comparable distance surface and competition level ( total energy)
It comes from lesson that were improved on in each and every follow up. Not just the follow ups between 71-88.

I will work the race on page 42 of follow up #4.
I did not read any of the comments about this race or the comments about
the contenders or the match up. I did not look at the results
I simply opened KGEN thoromation and entered lines the way Doc instructed
in the KGEN manual and follow ups.

Why KGEN ?
I asked the person who I'm trying to prove my point to to ask me to work recent races because I need to use RDSS and or Validator as Doc instructed.
That is to use the best ADJUSTED speed rating of the last three at a comparable distance surface and competition level ( total energy)

Since I can't use RDSS or Validator for this race I will use KGEN
which was first introduced at the Kansas City seminar in 1991 and in follow up #17. There was a KGEN manual and KGEN was demo'ed again at the 1991 New Orleans seminar. I used KGEN because it does not use the daily track variant or a track to track adjustment It uses the dream race of the contenders only to equalize the pace lines.

To show my point how the methodology kept evolving with each follow up.
By 1991 while using KGEN/Thoromation the instructions for contender selection were to use a comparable pace line with a DRF speed rating of 80or higher That is Doc and Jim Bradshaws instructions, Use a comparable line
with a speed rating of 80 or higher


I have done that as my main contender selector for this race .
For comparable pace lines, since this is a grade 1 race
at 1 mile I used any horse with a route pace line
with a speed rating of 80 or higher
I did not project any of the sprinters
I paid no attention to days since last race I did try to use only grade 1 or grade 2 route race.s

Here are the lines I used

These are my original lines. I have added the line to the name of each horse
once again the pacelines are on page 42 43 in follow up #4
For Peg I changed the beaten lengths to 9 or less which is the method doc used
The instructions for KGEN Thoromation were to enter any horse with over 9 beaten lengths as 9

Name:  Lines.PNG
Views: 2077
Size:  42.0 KB

Here is how KGEN as adjusted the lines.

Name:  Lines  equalized.PNG
Views: 4280
Size:  49.9 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 04-30-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20 Race Cycles - For Beginners and Old Alike Because I Can Jim Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 1 04-13-2017 03:56 PM
Adjustments Question Ted Craven RDSS2 / FAQ's 3 06-29-2014 03:22 PM
Another paceless race - IMHO Bill Lyster Matchup Discussion 12 01-31-2014 11:55 AM
UPDATED - Official Contest Rules, beginning AUGUST Ted Craven August Contest 1 07-24-2012 10:09 PM
Jim Bradshaw's 5 Step Approach to learning the Matchup RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 1 05-25-2009 09:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.