Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Working a race for myself with free thoughts

Good old Val 4

I took a short break after Doc's passing. Its been tough to get back into wagering.
Working races and studying readouts seem like business as usual. The act of making a wager
for some reason was difficult. Things just didn't seem right I even went after a few pick 3 bets which
for me is a very exotic bet. Making a two horse win bets troubled me. I have been remembering many moments I spent talking to Howard. I recently opened up follow up # 71. This issue means a lot to me as it was the first issue I was mailed and read when I became a client. I was just reading about hiding horses with odds too low for win wagers, Doc makes a interesting demonstration on page 33. He writes about
how by hiding horses with odds too low for a win wager. Because of the choas math used on the bottom
line betting line readout. He shows that by hiding horse The formula will move horses up at least 1 spot , but because the formula is non linear often horse move up 2 and 3 places . I have been looking at this and the results have been good. Little things like this remind me of my chats with Doc. This issue and article brought me back to good times I oened up my feelings and emotions and worked my first betting race I went back to wagering last night with a beeter feeling
I have this strange feeling. Its kind of like a big block has been lifted from my shoulders
I really feel something.has changed in my life. I believe Doc's words are somehow able to flow from
my memory to my decision making ability. Maybe It was something in me before that wanted Doc's friendship. Maybe I was holding back something in my ability so that I could call him for help

Its great to win a race with Val 4 mode just doing the race with Doc's guidelines acting as if he was
right next to me watching my steps..

Race 8 last night 2/19
a nice win and exacta. Just a small bet to get back into things
Attached Images
   
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TrackMaster -- Limited Free Access alydar_ David General Discussion 1 01-16-2009 12:50 PM
The Match Race that never was Tim Y General Discussion 0 12-04-2008 08:34 PM
Sunday "Cappin" RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 9 11-30-2008 01:25 PM
HOL 11-29-08 Race -3 (Fairly Straight Forward Race) partsnut Selections 3 11-29-2008 06:51 PM
Paceline selection AAcoolguy General Discussion 44 07-27-2008 08:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.