Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Win & Place

I usually bet to win. Sometimes one horse. Sometimes two. Rarely three.

From time to time I'll add a place and/or show bet on a longshot.

Today in Turfway Park's third race I had the unusual situation of betting two horses to win and place, neither of which was my top choice.

Lo and behold one of them ran second. I made money. I'm happy about that.

Ironically, the other horse ran third.

The horse I thought would win the race, did in fact win.

So, I wound up leaving the trifecta on the table.

Nothing like experiencing agony & ecstasy in the same race!

Race: 3 Win Place Show
1st 6 Hamilton Lewis (BRZ) 6.40 4.40 2.80
2nd 5 Seeking Larry 22.20 10.60
3rd 2 Just You and I Kid 5.60
4th 7 Johnny Sunshine
$2 D/Double 11/6 11.40
$2 Exacta 6-5 96.40
$2 Trifecta 6-5-2 847.00
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Betting Guideline Bill V. Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 14 12-29-2008 05:17 PM
good place to start shoeless General Discussion 19 11-23-2008 07:16 AM
Dirt Mile - Race 3 - October 25 Ted Craven 2008 9 10-25-2008 03:10 PM
Write the Caption Bills Place Bill V. Winning 9 10-20-2008 04:27 AM
Factor X Bill V. Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 9 09-01-2008 07:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.