Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
RDSS Update Schedule

Friends,

By nature I am an optimist and enthusiast, and consequently guilty from time to time (well, more frequently, really) of expecting that I can accomplish more than I end up being able to.

I have been preparing an update to RDSS (for some time now) which I hoped to release by the end pof July, which now includes a lovely live toteboard interface including auto-scratches, MTP, Results (tied into all Analysis screens), wider screens, bigger fonts, extra readouts (e.g. Running Style, Total Energy on more screens, the classical Energy! readouts) - but approaching what I imagined to be the top of the Stretch, I find my poor software is still unstable on fields of more than 10 horses.

I have too long delayed what I knew I would eventually have to do (but which I was hoping I could defer to after Version 1.0) and work on a number of the internal memory structures to prevent the kind of crashes we still see after working a number of races or simultaneous tracks - what to speak of adding all the goodies described above, and more in the pipeline.

Maybe the foregoing is more than you all wanted (or care) to know, but it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Plus, between going to Saratoga and a few other family (vacation) matters, I need a week+ of downtime, lest smoke begins escaping from my ears.

Long story short: there will be no RDSS update in July. I will shoot for early September for something I hope you all will find worthwhile waiting for.

Thank you all again for you continued support and well wishes, which (aside from visions of staggering pari-mutuel riches) are a large part of what makes this project so satisfying!

yours,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.