Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

RDSS Model and The Early Late Grapgh

Hello Mitch

The most positive thing about the RDSS model capabilities is that although it tracks many factors, It is rather easy to sort and customized only the factors
each user feels are vital to their needs.

I have been modeling using the RDSS tool for quite some time.
The way RDSS gathers data and exports to a spreadsheet
is a real gift. Once the spreadsheet data is gathered, a few clicks of the mouse can easily hide and allow total focus on whatever factors are relevant to winning at a given track or circuit.

EARLY/Late

Once I gather my data I focus on the early/late difference graph and the parameters of what wins, by distance and surface at the few tracks I wager at, Years of studying these readouts, along with the book Pace Makes The Race has got me using the phase 1/TPR readouts EPR and LPR and there relationship to each other to their optimal capabilities

Doc in his most recent follow-ups, before his passing, was a very big
advocate of the early/ late graph

Almost every example race in which readouts were presented show the early late graph.

The early-late graph is the difference between the EPR rating and the LPR rating An example

Name:  Little Blaker.PNG
Views: 1061
Size:  128.6 KB

Looking at line 2 we see Little Blaker ran a 92.3 EPR This resulted to in him running an 86.7 LPR. The difference between 92.3 and 86.7 is 5.6
Since the EPR total is greater than the LPR total the readout shows a RED or positive line IF the reverse were true and the EPR was 86.7 and the LPR was 92.3, the readout would be -5.6 and a blue line would be shown.

Doc was a strong believer in the parameters of early and late by distance
and surface

From Follow up 82 ( i happen to be reading this one ) But there are many other such notations in the latter Follow Ups.

Name:  Early Late by distance.PNG
Views: 1028
Size:  70.9 KB
Name:  Keep track.PNG
Views: 900
Size:  22.0 KB
Name:  Page 36.PNG
Views: 1016
Size:  53.9 KB

The factors I focus on are The Early Late Graph Total Energy
VDC and the prarmateters of the EPR and LPR by distance and surface

I model the actual EPR and LPR and TPR numbers, not the compounded ratings , Because I do believe that modeling compounded ratiing will generally average out to be around 2.75 for winners

Thanks
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote