Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Get RDSSMark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 121
My First Day with RDSS

Hi Everyone,

This past saturday was my first time handicapping with RDSS. I have been studying the Sartin Methodology pretty aggressively over the past 6-7 weeks. I have read both Pace Makes the Race and Modern Pace handicapping. I have read through the pace line manual a few times. It takes a lot of practice. I have been practicing pace line selection. I didn't have a windows machine until last week, I have 2 apple laptops. Needless to say, I was pretty eager to get my hands on the RDSS software.

I started out with a loss in the 5th race at Santa Anita... I didn't even have the winner on my radar. In fact, when I go back and look at it, I can't get the winning result with any of the pace lines. Boo Hoo right? Wrong.

Queue up the 6th race.

Paceline Selection:
1. last line. No need to go back to maiden win This is more recent and only lost by a head. Live odds are 4/1
2. Last line. Finished in the money within the last 90 days. Live odds are 4/1
3. last line. Only Dirt race and it is a + race. Live odds are 7/1
4. Last Line- I can make a case for going back to the 3rd to last line, but this one is more recent... and a better indicator than what we can expect today. This is our favorite today, and it is 3/1
5. 2nd line... last line is downhill turf race. This is a dirt race. Live odds are 5/1
6. Last line is only line. Went off at 56/1
7. Second to last line... but I don't expect this horse to be a contender. Went off at 38/1.
8. I got kinda confused here. Horse has not run in over 200 days and it has never run a sprint on the dirt. It also has the highest APV and CR... so that threw me off even more. I ended up putting 2 lines in for this horse, and giving it it's better total energy line. Going off at 6/1
9. Last line. Going off at 6/1
10. Last Line... although I was kind of worried about the 2nd and 3rd lines.. ended up sticking to my guns and held it to a sprint line.
Attached Images
     
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RDSS 2.0/Happy Holidays/Thank You! Ted Craven RDSS2 / FAQ's 4 01-09-2010 06:03 PM
Release Notes - Version 0.98.7 Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 2 07-17-2009 11:09 AM
RDSS Subscription / Forum Re-organization Ted Craven RDSS 1 03-07-2009 01:35 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.