|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
Syn4 -- which variant setup is best to use?
Which is the best variant setup to use with Syn4?
You get different readouts depending on which setup you use. Case in point, the Stephen Foster Handicap, which was the contest race here last weekend. I lost that race. I used Syn4. For the time being let's assume every paceline I picked was the proper one. Let's also assume that we are only interested in the TPR -- Total Pace Rating -- and SSR -- Synergy Speed Rating. Which variant setup is best to use? As I mentioned, I lost this race. Here's the initial setup: |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
Look what happens if I change the variant setup to Beyer 50%:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
The winner -- #7 -- shows up as second choice on Total Pace Ratings:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
And #7 is tied for first on Snyergy Speed Rating with 118:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
What happens if you use 25% Beyer instead?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
Then #7 shows up on top of TPR:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
And #7 is tops in SSR with 117:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
Here are the race results:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
So, as you can see, the difference in variant setup is critical. If I'd used 25% Beyer I'd have won the race.
Obviously one race does not tell a story. Nor does the, "I've always used the [insert the setup of your choice]." Has anyone researched this? Syn4 has been around for a long time and there are several users that frequent this board. Has anyone tested this, kept records and come up with a meaningful result? By any chance has anyone come up with something statistically significant? If not, how about a 20 race cycle tested with the different setups? |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Grade 2
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 75
|
I'm sure you could find plenty of examples where the DRF variant comes up with a nice double digit winner that the Beyer variant misses. I myself don't like the Beyer figures because they are in the mainstream.
I read in one of the Follow Ups where the DRF-TV outperformed the Beyers and several other figures in a test a few years ago. I think that if the same test were run today it might outperform them again. But if you choose the DRF-TV you would have to update the pars for the tracks you follow. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Synergism IV Setup Screen | Houndog | Velocity Programs | 0 | 05-21-2007 04:19 PM |
| CT 05/16-6th race SYN4 | Houndog | Velocity Programs | 7 | 05-16-2007 06:25 PM |
| Today's contest race/ Syn4/old school style | RichieP | Velocity Programs | 18 | 03-26-2006 07:44 PM |
| Trackmaster Daily Variant? | socantra | Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum | 0 | 09-20-2005 09:29 PM |
|