Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Bad Windows 7 Update ?? - Win7 Users Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
It appears microsoft may have pushed a bad update to Win7 systems last night. Everyone of our computers at work with Win7 just reboot and reboot and reboot. If you are on Win7 and you did not have your computer on last night, DISABLE YOUR AUTOMATIC UPDATES NOW!!! I would also go into your restore points to ensure you have one set previous to last night!

Personally I would roll my computer back to that restore point in case the newest update is waiting for you to reboot. I have heard from a number of people outside our work place that they have the same problem! It appears to be only Win7 machines!! What happens is it starts to load the Operating System but then does a physical dump (blue screen of death) and then automatically reboots!
Link: http://www.homebased2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10837

This was posted this morning over at the HTR Forums and I consider the poster quite reliable. I don't have Win 7 installed on any computers at the moment so I can't verify. But I would take it seriously, just in case.

Google Search "create win 7 restore point" if you don't know about restore points in Windows, or the ability to roll back Windows to a previously functional state.

FWIW, Windows Vista updated last night on several of my computers and all seems well, so far.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-13-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
This appears not to have been a wide-spread problem after all, perhaps only a few Win7 computers here and there, depending on configuration.

I thought it better to be safe than sorry...

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
I appreciated the warning. There is a new SP coming for Win 7, ZD Net sent me an email about it:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/...36?tag=nl.e589
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what you should read Bill V. Welcome to the Sartin Methodology 42 02-23-2013 06:52 PM
val 4 users chardale Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 1 04-12-2010 07:50 PM
Starting Fresh , from the beginning . pktruckdriver Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 2 09-04-2009 07:46 AM
RDSS New Users RichieP RDSS 3 07-07-2009 07:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.