Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Factor X

I have only been here 3 days so I'm not sure
From what I have seen watching all the races on the poly
( I don't calculate maiden races) but I watch them positionally

I think factor X is a good Primary readout to watch
To my eye Watching the dots (like they have at Woodbine) on the big infield
screen, The winning horse have to be close early and have a good late kick
The track seems to favor horses like this. If you are too far back at the
2nd call you have too hard of a surface to close on

I started tracking factor X 1 and 2 horses I'm looking forward to
going over some more recent cards and the few left this year

remember factor X is the first and third fraction Look for a balanced FX
and FW

here are yesterdays non maiden dirt races
Races 3 6 and 8

Horse 3 won wire to wire in race 3 FX # 1
Horse 10 won race 6 from just behind the leaders at the turn FX1 Tier 4 !!!
Horse 1 won the 8th race to show nothing works all the time
But I bet the # 2 horse that just missed finishing second
The 1 and the 2 ran just like the 10 in race 6 just behind the front runners
and took over in the third fraction

Something to think about
Thank you

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
VERY interesting bud.

In a million years I would never put things together like you did above! That means I have to look at this

Amazing connection
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Bill
Quick question please.

Are you paying any attention to how the "FX" was earned? Are you looking at the 1f and 3f to see how he got it?
Thanks
Richie
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Earned

Yes Rich I am but only from the early late graph
I see the stick

I really have trouble with fractions

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
factor X

Well I have to do more work

Del Mar is really nice The turf races are nice
I did well in the sprints The Problem is the route races
is almost imossible for me coming from the Philly- monmouth- saratoga
scene to work races with a mix of dirt- turf and poly surfaces

Nice visit but for me there is no place like
home

Thank you for sharing my fun time at Del Mar
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Bill, how are early horses doing at DMR sprints? Do you see many wire-to-wire victories?

Does early speed kind of die and fade to the back of the pack, or does it hold on the best it can?
__________________

Turbulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.