|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
|
John Henry Euthanized At 32 Years. 7 Pm Oct.8 2007 At Kentucky Horse Park,his Home For 22 Years. Due To Loss Of Kidney Function And Muscle Mass. He Will Be Missed By All Horseplayers . 1975/2007.
Last edited by admin; 10-09-2007 at 02:27 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
I am sad, but thankful there was such a spirited animal in this wonderful game. I have a plate of John Henry on the wall of my office. In the very first year I started with racing (1983), I have (hazy) memories of seeing him on parade at a racetrack somewhere in Chicago, not racing, but just walking on the track to great acclaim, basking in the admiration of his fans. I didn't know who he was, but it was moving. Perhaps that was his retirement year.
A pause before moving on... Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| John Henry 32 today | tompkins | General Discussion | 3 | 03-23-2007 05:43 PM |
|