Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2026, 10:39 AM   #1
cmckeever
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2025
Posts: 27
No PL or BIRSS Data

In my Parx downloads this week I did not get any PL or BRISS data. I ordered the PP only bundles. Was that a mistake?

Cedric
cmckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2026, 12:12 PM   #2
cmckeever
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2025
Posts: 27
I still don't get the PL or BRISS data about 25% of the time. I find it hard to believe that the data is not downloaded. There must be some problem with my computer. I have cleared out the temp files and still I don't get the PL's and BRISS. What am I doing wrong?
cmckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2026, 06:11 PM   #3
cdax
Grade 1
 
cdax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 277
Those are only available after 6-7am eastern time the day of the race.

Chris
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2026, 12:39 PM   #4
cmckeever
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2025
Posts: 27
Bummer.

I did get downloads, but since I am only testing out theories maybe I downloaded the next day. I'll have to see if that is the case. I already downloaded Parx today (Wed.), so I'll wait to next Tuesday to download Monday's data.

Hopefully this was not an April Fools joke. Just kidding,
cmckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2026, 06:54 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
In the Data Centre, when downloading stuff for TODAY's races (i.e. on the day of the races, not the day or days before), make sure the Task labelled Download TS Ratings is checked (just leave it always checked!). Then, in the morning, before racing commences, RDSS will download the TS Ratings for that card for the current day. Not the day before, not the day after - but only on the current day. BRIS/TwinSpires does not cache this data or make it available on their public site until the day of racing.

OR -- when you assemble a day of races TODAY, if Get TS Ratings is checked on your Config screen, during assembly RDSS checks if it has current TS Ratings for that race, that card, today. If NOT, it similarly reaches out and fetches it, so those rating should appear when you assemble the race. Again - ONLY on the current day.

Cedric - let us know if your method was OTHER than the forgoing and I can help you pin-point the failure to fetch those BRIS ratings.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2026, 12:01 PM   #6
cmckeever
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2025
Posts: 27
Today is Thursday, so no Parx data.
Name:  DataCenter.png
Views: 234
Size:  44.6 KB
Here is a picture of my Data Center. Since I am only doing Parx, I'll have to wait until next Monday to follow your instructions.
cmckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2026, 03:10 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Just for the record - we resolved this issue. On the Configure screen, at some point you had unchecked the Get TS Ratings & Scratches box. So RDSS did not check for those BRIS/TS Ratings.

FWIW - that checkbox is there in case RDSS encounters a persistent problem accessing those ratings. In that case, users can simply UNCHECK that setting and proceed without the Ratings until I can figure out the problem. Otherwise, it should normally remain CHECKED. (If you don't want those ratings, simply ignore them! Or uncheck that setting.)

Glad it's resolved for you - good luck in your ongoing research!

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2026, 10:40 PM   #8
cmckeever
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2025
Posts: 27
Thanks for all your help.
cmckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RDSS Update - works with NEW TrackMaster Store Ted Craven Announcing the new RDSS Update - Works with the NEW TrackMaster Store 3 11-05-2025 01:40 PM
Update on RDSS/TrackMaster and payment for data! Ted Craven Update on RDSS/TrackMaster and Please Pay for Data! 2 09-01-2025 04:22 PM
RDSS Error Message - Data Centre Ted Craven General Discussion 11 09-04-2015 10:09 PM
Bad RDSS Race Data for several Euro Horses Ted Craven 2011 2 11-03-2011 03:24 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.