|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Abiding Student
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville/Whitefish
Posts: 714
|
Greetings from New Orleans
Hello from the Fair Grounds Race Course in NOLA. (My 2019 Road Trips have started about 10 days early.)
It's a beautiful day in New Orleans with lots of sunshine and the temperature in the 60's, so I left my jacket in the car. I told my friend Galen that I was wearing my Saratoga shirt because they might think I was somebody. And it worked! They gave me a table at the finish line. Last night I had oysters on the half shell, grilled grouper and an excellent local amber beer. Today, the appetizer was seafood gumbo and some delicious Louisiana iced tea. There are a lot of 2YO stakes races today so I don't know how many bets I'll make but there's always the scenery, the food and the drink. Wish you all were here. We'd have a fine time. Laissez les bon temps rouler.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Abiding Student
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville/Whitefish
Posts: 714
|
It's a beautiful day, palm trees in the infield and I just hit a modest exacta saver in the first race. Life is good.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,456
|
Go get them Mick.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
The egg man
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
|
Awesome
That looks sooo good. Best wishes to you this holiday season
Good Skill and have fun in the sun and Go Saints "Who Dat" I hope someday you come to Del Mar |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Abiding Student
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville/Whitefish
Posts: 714
|
Del Mar is on the list, Bill.
Having hit exactas in 3 of the first 4 races, I'm sitting this next race out. There's 7 FTSs.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Abiding Student
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville/Whitefish
Posts: 714
|
It was a good day. I started hot and cooled off a bit but still made enough to buy lunch. (I highly recommend their oyster po boy sandwich.) My heart-breaker was the 6th race where the $60 horse I played underneath nipped the 7-2 horse I had on top. Ouch. But that stuff happens, doesn't it?
![]() Tomorrow, I drive to Birmingham to see old friends and family. For scenery, it will be about five hours of pine trees. Monotony, thy name is Southern Mississippi. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,456
|
Always nice to leave the track a winner.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
|
Ah the old shirt trick and you had a hat trick in the first couple races. Nice combo from a man who knows how to dress.
Definitely a tough card Mick. And yes it happens. Wishing you a safe return trip. Mitch44 |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Abiding Student
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville/Whitefish
Posts: 714
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
stretch run
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Lunas, NM
Posts: 28
|
Great pictures Mick. Hope to do a trip like that someday. Vic
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| New Orleans Handicap | RAMON201 | Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion | 5 | 03-29-2014 07:03 PM |
| New Orleans 1993 | Ted Craven | Manuals | 0 | 06-23-2012 03:14 PM |
| Energy - New Orleans March 1990 | Ted Craven | Manuals | 0 | 06-23-2012 02:29 PM |
| New Orleans 1989 | Ted Craven | Manuals | 0 | 06-23-2012 02:27 PM |
|