Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 12-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
hansend
Grade 1

Anyone to go through a card tomorrow?

I read the Yellow Manual and Follow ups 80-88 (find a thread referencing to those specific ones for new players) and after 2 cards and so far half of Delta Downs tonight I am doing horrible.

I was curious if anyone was going to be going through a card tomorrow night (only time I can do it) and do some wagercapping? I really only have chat communications to communicate with people at this time.

I think I may be to open when selecting the pace line to use. In the follow ups I was reading Mr Sartin mentioned using three comparable pace lines to today and if you can't decide which to use load all three of them and under the primary pick the best one. Well thats what I have been doing but I have not even been having much luck getting the top horses then in the BL/BL.

Maybe I have been just hitting a bad "cycle" but I am wanting to make sure I am starting off on the right foot at least.

I'm want (and am going) to make this work, just want to make sure I am heading in the right direction!

Last edited by hansend; 12-09-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
BJennet
Grade 1

Beware smaller tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansend View Post
I read the Yellow Manual and Follow ups 80-88 (find a thread referencing to those specific ones for new players) and after 2 cards and so far half of Delta Downs tonight I am doing horrible.

I was curious if anyone was going to be going through a card tomorrow night (only time I can do it) and do some wagercapping? I really only have chat communications to communicate with people at this time.

I think I may be to open when selecting the pace line to use. In the follow ups I was reading Mr Sartin mentioned using three comparable pace lines to today and if you can't decide which to use load all three of them and under the primary pick the best one. Well thats what I have been doing but I have not even been having much luck getting the top horses then in the BL/BL.

Maybe I have been just hitting a bad "cycle" but I am wanting to make sure I am starting off on the right foot at least.

I'm want (and am going) to make this work, just want to make sure I am heading in the right direction!
Hi hansend,

Just a few comments. I'm not someone who plays Delta, or cheaper races generally - as I've mentioned here, I usually find horses below 10k more erratic than I would like. However there are people here who play this track and specialize in these kind of races, and they may have more insight.

From my own angle - I looked over last night's card, as far as I could tell about half the winners could be had with the Sartin method, and about half - all the longest shots - were the kind of inexplicable results (at least to me) that one often finds in these races. I don't have time to do tonight's card - I think you'll find that many people may be tied up at this time of year - but if you can post some screen shots of last night's card or tonight's, I would be willing to give some quick comments, and possibly others would as well. Best of luck.

Cheers,

B Jennet
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
hansend
Grade 1

I'll do some posting as I play tonight, I'm skipping Races 1,3,5 as they are 2yo.

These are all off the BL/BL screen.
Race 2: Pre Hide and post hide of 3, 8 favorites under 2.5. Win on 1,5.
Attached Images

Last edited by hansend; 12-10-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
hansend
Grade 1

R4: Felt the 4 was the best so I passed this race after hiding.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
hansend
Grade 1

R6: Hid 5,3; took Win only on 6 for only reason as under Methodology 3-3-X (pre-hide) as 2nd best longshot and had double digit payoff.

And paid off!
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
noddub62
Budman

Thumbs up

good job. ded is a good place for longshots although cheap horses with big purses.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
hansend
Grade 1

R7: 2 MTP, 10 was <2.5 so hid, Win on 5,9; however by time race started 9 was at 1, so a bit of hammering after I put my bet in. Hit the 5 though!
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
BJennet
Grade 1

Bingo

Quote:
R6: Hid 5,3; took Win only on 6 for only reason as under Methodology 3-3-X (pre-hide) as 2nd best longshot and had double digit payoff.

And paid off!
hansend,

Nice hit! This is how wagercapping works. As long as you have the patience to pass those other races, as you clearly do, you should do well.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
BJennet
Grade 1

Excellent job

Quote:
I'll do some posting as I play tonight, I'm skipping Races 1,3,5 as they are 2yo.

These are all off the BL/BL screen.
Race 2: Pre Hide and post hide of 3, 8 favorites under 2.5. Win on 1,5.
hansend,

Great job. Looks like you don't need much help. You may understand these races better than I do. I'll just a couple of minor comments on specific races. On this race, I might have thought about throwing out the #1, since he's a relatively low-grade animal coming off a long layoff, otherwise looks good.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
schlpsyc
Maiden

Hi, I am new to the methodolodgy. Can you tell me where to get more info on BL/BL. I read Marc Cramer's piece on this, and that piqued my interest. Thanks. Wayne